Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Little Troll 12-08-2011 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseTintedSpecs (Post 2325670)
I think it's the original radio edit of the single; if you watch the official video those lines are cut out as well! It's disappointing cause I'll be there singing along and then end up being out of time because those lines are missing from the radio edit :mad:

Ahh, thanks!

Yeah, I was singing along at the top of my voice and got really confused that those lines weren't there, hahaha.

Deets 18-08-2011 21:45

am I one of these few Maniac souls who think that Jackie Collins is one of the weakest songs on JFPL?

Scarecrow 06-09-2011 19:36

It's almost a whole year since the Postcards tour started. Fuck me, where did the time go!?

Futurologist 21-09-2011 19:56

On the bus home I started thinking what the Manics would be doing if they hadn't started a band...I decided James would be a builder, Sean would be a teacher, Nick would be in IT (yeah I know!) and Richey would be in local government. Yup, random!

Deets 21-09-2011 19:59

I was watching MTV and there was a concert of MCR, I have a bit of sentiment to that band, I used to love them in high school. and guess how Gerard Way said bye to the audience? 'Stay beautiful'. I wasn't this shocked since when I noticed that the bloke from Katy Perry video Last Friday Night is kid on wheelchair from Glee.

Mr Richey 21-09-2011 20:01

R.E.M. calling it a day has saddened me, more so than I could've predicted. But it's also made me realise something. If the Manics had split up back in 2009 I would've been devestated. If they split up tomorrow...I think I'd just feel relieved.

I feel quite depressed about that fact. Contrary to what Trace may think, I wouldn't cry my eyes out over them splitting up. I really wouldn't. And that really is depressing, to think that it's come to the point where I just want them to bow out with a bit of dignity.

Futurologist 21-09-2011 20:19

I read this and thought of Nicky Wire. :lol:

Midlands_Junk 21-09-2011 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2349509)
R.E.M. calling it a day has saddened me, more so than I could've predicted. But it's also made me realise something. If the Manics had split up back in 2009 I would've been devestated. If they split up tomorrow...I think I'd just feel relieved.

I feel quite depressed about that fact. Contrary to what Trace may think, I wouldn't cry my eyes out over them splitting up. I really wouldn't. And that really is depressing, to think that it's come to the point where I just want them to bow out with a bit of dignity.

I see where you're coming from, but JFPL came out just two years ago. I think they've at least one truly great album left in them.

The Gutless Wonder 21-09-2011 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2349509)

They've got bags of dignity and then some! We've had the excellent Postcards and a fun, upbeat cover. I'm devastated that they are going to be away for two years! :cry:

The Gutless Wonder 21-09-2011 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk (Post 2349557)
I see where you're coming from, but JFPL came out just two years ago. I think they've at least one truly great album left in them.

10 excellent albums so far. Not bad!

Flint 21-09-2011 20:33

I may be a bit cynical about them these days (even though I still like the majority of the material they release, surprisingly enough) but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep my cool if they called it quits - it's more than likely that in the face of such an announcement, all the memories, great times and personal importance would come say hi straight to my face and all the cynicism would take a polite stand back.

exopotamie 21-09-2011 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2349597)
I may be a bit cynical about them these days (even though I still like the majority of the material they release, surprisingly enough) but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep my cool if they called it quits - it's more than likely that in the face of such an announcement, all the memories, great times and personal importance would come say hi straight to my face and all the cynicism would take a polite stand back.

Yeah, this for me too. :heart:

Midlands_Junk 21-09-2011 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2349589)
10 excellent albums so far. Not bad!

No - two truly great albums, three brilliant albums, two solid good albums, one patchy and two self-parodying lazy albums.
Still, that's still incredible going and better than most bands' legacies.

The Gutless Wonder 21-09-2011 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk (Post 2349616)
No - two truly great albums, three brilliant albums, two solid good albums, one patchy and two self-parodying lazy albums.

And considering that to different people what you have stated would be completely different lists depending on taste etc. I'm proud to be a Manics fan! Long may they continue! :D

Mr Richey 21-09-2011 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk (Post 2349616)

You're wasting your time dude. Trace is a genetic experiment created in a laboratory by scientists who wanted to study the results of completely removing objectivity from a human brain.