Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

mar 03-09-2013 07:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2555782)
I think that "Forever Delayed" might just be the most underrated song in the entire Manics canon.

Well, it has a forum ;)

Mr Richey 03-09-2013 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar (Post 2555809)
Well, it has a forum ;)

Yeah, my mistake for calling it "Forever Delayed" when the song itself is actually called "4 Ever Delayed". Bad Manics fan :P

Deets 13-09-2013 12:19

my singles have finally arrived and I'm just very happy even though some shit is happening in my life. I know that the Manics are there and no matter that everything might be getting wrong, that's something I can always depend on :smile:

Mr Richey 13-09-2013 12:42

Just thinking how cool it would be if those last few guitar notes of "30 Year War" end up being the opening notes of the first track on the next album...

mar 13-09-2013 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2559301)
Just thinking how cool it would be if those last few guitar notes of "30 Year War" end up being the opening notes of the first track on the next album...

It would! you should tweet your idea and make it reach Nicky...

Porco 13-09-2013 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2559301)

Yes! I agree. It wouldn't actually surprise me at all if that turns out to be the case, given how they have described 30YW as a kind of bridge / linking song to the next album, and we know it's the kind of thing they have done before (purposefully ending Elvis Impersonator in such a way to lead into the opening notes of A Design For Life for example).

Smiling#Girl 13-09-2013 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2559288)
my singles have finally arrived and I'm just very happy even though some shit is happening in my life. I know that the Manics are there and no matter that everything might be getting wrong, that's something I can always depend on :smile:

Very similar situation here.Not a great time of my life but I'm so happy that I will have a new Manics album I can listen to.And to be honest I still don't know if I like it or not but that's not the main thing now.I know I can sound silly but their music has been in my life for so long that is like listening to old friends.

mar 13-09-2013 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling#Girl (Post 2559515)
Very similar situation here.Not a great time of my life but I'm so happy that I will have a new Manics album I can listen to.And to be honest I still don't know if I like it or not but that's not the main thing now.I know I can sound silly but their music has been in my life for so long that is like listening to old friends.

And you have plans for next year ;)

Ken Korda 14-09-2013 13:41

Every time I listen to Manorbier, Hopelessly devoted to you by Olivia Newton-John gets stuck in my head.

tzb 15-09-2013 11:55

There is little in this world less likely to evoke the wonder of miracles and the birthplace of the universe than SMTW.

tzb 15-09-2013 21:05

The demo of All Is Vanity is about the closest they've come to their repeated suggestions of making a Nebraska-style recording.

Deets 15-09-2013 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling#Girl (Post 2559515)

exactly! hope the things will get better soon xx

Random thought after Absolute Radio transmission:
A Design For Life is the greatest song ever created.

tzb 16-09-2013 07:42

Listened to SATT for the first time in maybe 3 years today, for all the pomp and bluster it's still just such a thoroughly enjoyable record. Really really enjoyed hearing those songs again, even Underdogs.

The slow creep back to fandom continues apace...

Manualex16 16-09-2013 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzb (Post 2560516)
Listened to SATT for the first time in maybe 3 years today, for all the pomp and bluster it's still just such a thoroughly enjoyable record. Really really enjoyed hearing those songs again, even Underdogs.

The slow creep back to fandom continues apace...

Did you noticed the edit?

tzb 16-09-2013 08:18

I can live with the edit :p