Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GATS reissue? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63088)

junkymotown 11-10-2019 21:53

GATS reissue?
 
Are we just being teased with the latest round of Instagram posts? A delve into the Gold Against the Soul archives...

Do you think it could happen? Do you want it to happen?!

Iíd only be bothered if we got demos and a tour. Not fussed about a remaster - my ears arenít that sensitive ;-)

Son of Stopped 11-10-2019 22:30

I haven't got Instagram is there anyway they can be !inked here?
I don't reckon we'd get it played in full but if it could be done. Every b-side in, yeah be a good tide over until next year. They've probably missed the Christmas market if just starting it tonight.

Vancouver 12-10-2019 02:00

I'd be happy with something like the reissue for SATT. Vinyl reissue, some b-sides etc. Probably doesn't need a tour but they'd never come to NA anyway so I never even contemplate that lol

Librarian On Fire 12-10-2019 06:53

A re-mastered "Nostalgic Pushead"? Yes please. Surely one of the very best Manics songs. If, and I mean if they did re-release GAS then they may as well bite the bullet and re-release KYE and LB. With Richey still being with us during the GAS era are there any songs that have not been released from this period?

I know that HB seems to be the fans favourite era for the band image wise. The army fatigues and the combat look. I've always thought that GAS was the period when the band looked like true rock glam heroes. The bleached hair of James. Richey's sideburns, beret. Nicky's dresses and sun glasses. Sean's long hair. The looked the part. Perhaps we'll see some new photos emerge for the archives. Here's hoping.

LA ex 12-10-2019 08:17

Would seem strange timing - last year would have been the 25th anniversary, so the next isn't until 2023. All their previous releases have coincided with landmark anniversaries such as that (although they obviously don't have to be).

A tour would be fun though....

Glyn 12-10-2019 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarian On Fire (Post 2680329)
With Richey still being with us during the GAS era are there any songs that have not been released from this period?

The only rumour I can think of is the apparently superhero inspired Alien orders/Invisible armies. The instrumental that got released with that title during the Journal era was surely a different track ?

I'd love to have a dvd documentary about GATS , I like the album a lot but hearing the band discuss the 'journey' from Patrick Bateman to Comfort Comes would be fascinating.

IntlDebris 12-10-2019 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2680327)
I haven't got Instagram is there anyway they can be !inked here?
I don't reckon we'd get it played in full but if it could be done. Every b-side in, yeah be a good tide over until next year. They've probably missed the Christmas market if just starting it tonight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eWrOHAwVy/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eXHWoAxbU/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eXuqQg3qv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3egoZcgi7o/

Kind of feel it was inevitable really. Nicky a nostalgia lover, so using it as an opportunity to go back over this period and maybe reassess will be something I'm sure he'll love.
Less sure about a tour, James is very outspoken about not being very fond of the era.

Routine Builder 12-10-2019 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Librarian On Fire (Post 2680329)
A re-mastered "Nostalgic Pushead"? Yes please. Surely one of the very best Manics songs. If, and I mean if they did re-release GAS then they may as well bite the bullet and re-release KYE and LB. With Richey still being with us during the GAS era are there any songs that have not been released from this period?
Here's hoping.

I think Nicky has said that there's nothing unheard from Holy Bible and before. That's caveated with it being Nicky but it sounds true given the full extent of the GT re-issue. Obviously there's a few pre-GT tracks like Destroy the Dancefloor but they have been available on unofficial releases for decades.

I'm hoping for a remaster of the album and b-sides. I imagine the demos wouldn't sound too different their album counterparts unless there are some acoustic versions laying about. I'm not a fan an album so that probably colours my hopes. For me it feels like the Richey era SATT which isn't a complete rebuke but they're both albums of songs that focus on technical performance without an overall statement.

Routine Builder 12-10-2019 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2680333)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eWrOHAwVy/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eXHWoAxbU/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3eXuqQg3qv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3egoZcgi7o/

Kind of feel it was inevitable really. Nicky a nostalgia lover, so using it as an opportunity to go back over this period and maybe reassess will be something I'm sure he'll love.
Less sure about a tour, James is very outspoken about not being very fond of the era.


I think we might get a Christmas release. Little point of showing the demos without something being on the cards quite soon. James and Sean are probably finishing the remaster (one hopes) at the moment...

Porco 12-10-2019 13:44

#I feel like I'm miss-ehh-ehh-ing...

A GATS reissue. Yes please!

Velocitygirl 12-10-2019 14:56

I actually love this album. So yeah, I hope it happens. And I hope it happens soon.

Lee 12-10-2019 18:27

A very interesting period but agree with most of the posts above, they’ve missed the 25 year mark and 30 is a few years away yet.

Fascinated to see what Wire can dig out though.

almostfamous 12-10-2019 19:45

Highly unlikely to be this year, will happen though, maybe March/April. It'll give 'em another six months grace to finish the next LP. God I hope they don't reimagine it with "Donkeys" and "Comfort Comes" in place of "Nostalgic Pushead". They will though won't they?

Son of Stopped 12-10-2019 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostfamous (Post 2680346)
Highly unlikely to be this year, will happen though, maybe March/April. It'll give 'em another six months grace to finish the next LP. God I hope they don't reimagine it with "Donkeys" and "Comfort Comes" in place of "Nostalgic Pushead". They will though won't they?

Well I was interested in the picture of the tracklisting that began with From Despair To Where.
I might try that order and see how it sounds myself.

And previously, my "could be done" wasn't directed at them playing it in full live, more the actual end GATS reissue box. I think the music would easily quieten down remarks it's nowhere near an anniversary.

everlasting 12-10-2019 22:06

I love the album on a whole, I've never got the disdain it gets from the band and lukewarm reception at best from fans. They look cool and different and the music rocks. And come on, let's just face it, Sleepflower is just fantastic! :D I'd buy a special edition version. If one is ever done - or for any other album - all I ask is that a little more is added after the release of the Truth one, because to me it seems lacking and not worth the asking price; it needed a DVD like the others.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.