Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   20/04/15 9.30 Club Washington DC, USA (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=61609)

Backfire 21-04-2015 04:06

Do you know what sucks? I tried to record James's solo for Archives of Pain but I got caught and had to end the video right before he got to it.

Takk 21-04-2015 05:35

Yes
Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayit'sworldwouldf allapart
Of Walking Abortion
She Is Suffering
Archives Of Pain
Revol
4st 7lb
Mausoleum
Faster
This Is Yesterday
Die In The Summertime
The Intense Humming Of Evil
P.C.P.
Small Black Flowers That Grow In The Sky (Acoustic)
Motorcycle Emptiness
You Stole The Sun From My Heart
Walk Me To The Bridge
If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next
You Love Us
A Design For Life

Sarah22310 21-04-2015 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocking Chair (Post 2640333)
The opener is just awful.

Agreed 100%.

sculptureofabloke 21-04-2015 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2640344)
Oh well, Nicky Wire's 'false promises of great songs that get rehearsed but not get played' strikes again...

Comfort never comes...

Crowd seemed quite good judging by reports on twitter...

Aye, judge a whole tour on one night

Routine Builder 21-04-2015 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2640353)
Aye, judge a whole tour on one night

I didn't so I have no idea why you're agreeing with my statement commenting on this one gig. Don't go digging for arguments where none exist. Though mind you, I have absolutely no basis to doubt any single word Mr. Wire says.

allisvanity 21-04-2015 07:17

The tweets promised rarities for Cardiff, nowhere else! :D

Hope everyone at Washington enjoyed the gig.

sculptureofabloke 21-04-2015 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2640354)
I didn't so I have no idea why you're agreeing with my statement commenting on this one gig. Don't go digging for arguments where none exist. Though mind you, I have absolutely no basis to doubt any single word Mr. Wire says.

Eh, the lad often tweets they're rehearsing this or that, sometimes promises and hints that they'll play this song there etc. Don't remember seeing anything about the upcoming gigs except :down:

Quote:

Originally Posted by allisvanity (Post 2640355)
The tweets promised rarities for Cardiff, nowhere else! :D

Hope everyone at Wasington enjoyed the gig.

And aye, hope they loved it. Feel so lucky to be on the same island as my favourite band and have had the opportunities to see them that I have, must be all the more special when you don't get so many opportunities.

Takk 21-04-2015 07:51

I'm sure whatever they played it was brilliant for the US fans. (On a personal note I am quite glad that I didn't pay out to travel to the States for that set though.)

Routine Builder 21-04-2015 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2640356)
Eh, the lad often tweets they're rehearsing this or that, sometimes promises and hints that they'll play this song there etc. Don't remember seeing anything about the upcoming gigs except :down:

Aye, judge a whole tour on one night....

Routine Builder 21-04-2015 08:22

Mind you, are people allowed to complain about a truncated set? Or is that likely to cause consternation as well?

All I want is for 'you stole the sun' to be dropped for one gig!

sculptureofabloke 21-04-2015 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2640362)
Aye, judge a whole tour on one night....

Yeah, bit early to moan about em breaking promises they've not even made, eh?Maybe they should just not say when they've rehearsed summat, doesn't really matter, people will moan no matter what they do or don't do.

Routine Builder 21-04-2015 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2640364)
Yeah, bit early to moan about em breaking promises they've not even made, eh?Maybe they should just not say when they've rehearsed summat, doesn't really matter, people will moan no matter what they do or don't do.

People will get on a high horse to moan and people moaning even.

I was bring facetious anyway. If i didn't do it, you know someone else will. It's a law of nature you know. Pretty much every gig thread in history has someone complaining about the setlist. Even if they'd play the holy Bible in full, I'd still complain about the setlist :D. Also there is always a person on every gig thread who can't come to terms with some people never being happy or agreeing.

allisvanity 21-04-2015 08:37

Before this tour I thought to myself, "At least there should be no setlist complaints this time around. I mean who would complain about a setlist where you are guaranteed PCP, Archives of Pain Mausoleum (fucking Mausoleum!), Yes and Ifwhiteamerica..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manics fans, never fucking happy. :D

sculptureofabloke 21-04-2015 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2640366)
People will get on a high horse to moan and people moaning even.

I was bring facetious anyway. If i didn't do it, you know someone else will. It's a law of nature you know. Pretty much every gig thread in history has someone complaining about the setlist. Even if they'd play the holy Bible in full, I'd still complain about the setlist :D. Also there is always a person on every gig thread who can't come to terms with some people never being happy or agreeing.

Aye, all true. Do other bands get so much criticism from their own fans? Not as involved in any fanbase as much as this un, like...

Quote:

Originally Posted by allisvanity (Post 2640367)
Before this tour I thought to myself, "At least there should be no set list complaints this time around. I mean who would complain about a setlist where you are guaranteed PCP, Archives of Pain Mausoleum (fucking Mausoleum!), Yes and Ifwhiteamerica..."

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Manics fans, never fucking happy. :D

Aye, I'm pinching that for me signature.

Takk 21-04-2015 08:50

Course other bands get this much criticism from their own fans....I doubt it's that much different!