Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Live Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   04&05/12/20: Cardiff Arena (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63143)

UEF 17-07-2020 10:16

Boris just announced large concerts to go ahead from October.

Routine Builder 17-07-2020 11:08

Just in time for flu season....

Tim 17-07-2020 21:10

That's just england though, the welsh government have their own rules and haven't yet committed to any reopening date for large venues. At the moment the devolved nations are acting in a far more responsible manner than whatever the blonde nightmare's government is up to.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...-live-18586058

IntlDebris 20-07-2020 23:50

And once again, even if it's allowed to go ahead, is it really wise to have employees of the service that's on the frontline helping people with the virus all packed into one place where it can spread quickly?

relic 24-07-2020 15:22

James said in a recent interview that the gigs will happen, even if they can't happen in December, they'll be moved to a later date.

blackflower 25-07-2020 05:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2683640)
And once again, even if it's allowed to go ahead, is it really wise to have employees of the service that's on the frontline helping people with the virus all packed into one place where it can spread quickly?

The arena’a capacity (5000) is 0.36% of the total NHS workforce (1.4 million). I think we’ll be okay! :)

darkanddivine 25-08-2020 09:17

All gigs have 2nd and 3rd dates. So it will happen. When is very much the question. I hear MSP will now begin daily briefings including excellent slides on the progress of the pandemic, and Wires setlist notes. No questions from the media.

sculptureofabloke 04-09-2020 14:59

Just seen a post on Facebook about Idlewild postponing their November tour. Not heard of anything scheduled for December being postponed yet, don't know if anyone else has?

Even if they do go ahead in December, and it's a big if, I'm not sure if I'd want to go. Alright, anxiety's nowt new to me so a pandemic is just the icing on the cake really. Have been finding myself a bit panicky when people get a bit too close for comfort with the whole social distancing thing. Wouldn't have been an issue at the Leeds RIF gig, mind.

IntlDebris 04-09-2020 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2683738)
The arena’a capacity (5000) is 0.36% of the total NHS workforce (1.4 million). I think we’ll be okay! :)

I'm not suggesting the whole of the NHS will fall apart as a result, just that NHS workers are just about the last people I'd want to pack 5,000 of into a small space given the possibility of worsening figures in the winter.

UEF 05-09-2020 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2684542)
I'm not suggesting the whole of the NHS will fall apart as a result, just that NHS workers are just about the last people I'd want to pack 5,000 of into a small space given the possibility of worsening figures in the winter.

I get that, but also they hang out in hospitals and with ill people all day long. They’ve probably calculated that it can’t be much worse than a day at work.

Gusto 07-09-2020 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2684539)
Just seen a post on Facebook about Idlewild postponing their November tour. Not heard of anything scheduled for December being postponed yet, don't know if anyone else has?

Even if they do go ahead in December, and it's a big if, I'm not sure if I'd want to go. Alright, anxiety's nowt new to me so a pandemic is just the icing on the cake really. Have been finding myself a bit panicky when people get a bit too close for comfort with the whole social distancing thing. Wouldn't have been an issue at the Leeds RIF gig, mind.

I'm with you on this. Hadn't booked a flight and cancelled my hotel a few weeks back. If it does go ahead I'll probably just sell my ticket.

UEF 08-09-2020 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto (Post 2684602)
I'm with you on this. Hadn't booked a flight and cancelled my hotel a few weeks back. If it does go ahead I'll probably just sell my ticket.

PM'd ;-)

cain 13-09-2020 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusto (Post 2684602)
Hadn't booked a flight and cancelled my hotel a few weeks back. If it does go ahead I'll probably just sell my ticket.

The same here. I haven't booked flights nor B&B yet, and am carefully keeping an eye on the Japanese government policy on border control. If they would keep the current restrictions on returning travellers from abroad in the coming months, and if the concerts would go ahead, I'll probably have to give up going.:(
I can't decide yet what to do with my ticket, though.

Gusto 16-09-2020 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cain (Post 2684714)
The same here. I haven't booked flights nor B&B yet, and am carefully keeping an eye on the Japanese government policy on border control. If they would keep the current restrictions on returning travellers from abroad in the coming months, and if the concerts would go ahead, I'll probably have to give up going.:(
I can't decide yet what to do with my ticket, though.

The way things are at the minute i can't see it going ahead. Possibly rescheduled to Spring next year. I've had a few other gigs postponed until March and November next year.

Dancing Kirby 13-10-2020 13:10

These dates are 100% postponed. Not officially postponed but still 100% postponed. Not 99.9%.

If a vaccine was suddenly made available tomorrow, these shows would still be postponed due to the time it would take to get it to everyone.