Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

nocultureicons 16-03-2014 19:49

The Great Western and its bsides are so so so much better than anything the Manics have done since Lifeblood (JFPL aside)

nocultureicons 16-03-2014 19:53

Except Say Hello To The Pope. Bad song. But better than Autumnsong.

Littlesue 16-03-2014 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocultureicons (Post 2587852)
Except Say Hello To The Pope. Bad song. But better than Autumnsong.

Lol I was just about to agree with you on your first post but then I read this, I think say Hello to the Pope the best song any of them done since Lifeblood:D

nocultureicons 16-03-2014 21:22

I like the music but not the lyrics.

Littlesue 17-03-2014 07:10

I like the lyrics because its story telling for a change, one of the few Manic songs I can understand lyrically

UEF 18-03-2014 16:08

"Masses Against the Classes" is a grunge song and/or could've been written by the Foo Fighters

AK47 18-03-2014 17:50

I'm not sure if I am actually excited about the forthcoming tour or merely going through the motions.

Or is that just the band?

Son of Stopped 18-03-2014 18:43

With the events in the Crimea and Russia, I can't help but imagine James and Nicky on pushbikes peddling round to each venue and crossing out the backwards "R" on the posters.
"Let's bring back the backwards 'R' he said... It'll be iconic he said..."
"Oh shut up and scribble! We've got the whole of Europe to do after we finish the ones in the UK!"

UEF 18-03-2014 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2587399)
Do you think "Futurology" will be dedicated to Bob Crow?

The Great Western II has been cancelled due to industrial action on behalf of the RMT

Bambi 18-03-2014 21:13

On a whim I decided to watch the No Manifesto trailers & outtakes on YouTube and there's one I'd previously missed, just 40 seconds of Nicky noodling away on his bass. In perhaps the only time I've ever had cause to thank the usually moronic/unreadable user comments, someone identified that he's playing Strawberry Switchblade's 'Since Yesterday'. Having not heard it (and only being vaguely aware of the band) I've been listening to it, and it really is a fucking lovely slice of mid 80's indie-inclined pop music. Very Nicky Wire. How well known is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRIR24UQmDQ

bachelorette 18-03-2014 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2588048)
I'm not sure if I am actually excited about the forthcoming tour or merely going through the motions.

Or is that just the band?

Can't answer for you, but my case it's the band.

Looking forward to traveling to the gigs with my friends more than to the actual gigs.
(but a tiny part of me hopes the Manics will win me over again on this tour. I won't buy the album.)

hummingbird 18-03-2014 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2588073)
Can't answer for you, but my case it's the band.

Looking forward to traveling to the gigs with my friends more than to the actual gigs.
(but a tiny part of me hopes the Manics will win me over again on this tour. I won't buy the album.)

you might love the album..you've not heard a note of it yet

Dext37 Fielding 18-03-2014 21:54

I cannot wait for any music from the album to appear!

Geranium Terrorists 21-03-2014 18:29

Today my German teacher corrected me in my homework, as I had put Nicky as male. She thought he was female… I almost died laughing. But in her defence, the picture of Nicky in my homework was him in that flowery dress.

Dac X Lee 22-03-2014 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geranium Terrorists (Post 2588318)
Today my German teacher corrected me in my homework, as I had put Nicky as male. She thought he was female… I almost died laughing. But in her defence, the picture of Nicky in my homework was him in that flowery dress.

Ehehehe. Yeah, that's pretty funny.