Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Richey info? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=60064)

Takk 27-10-2013 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dac X Lee (Post 2573345)
Or you can cross the boarder without documents if you only know the right spots. But he must have been a huge adventurer to take a boat from Great Britain to the USA.

That would be practically impossible I think.

I thought in everything, Simon Price said it was easier to get passports in 1995, or did I make that up?

Takk 27-10-2013 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesyEsquire (Post 2573277)
Was Richeys passport missing? if not, how did he get to america with no passport?

More to the point, how could he have stayed? You can't just hang out in america indefinitely, you'd have to have a visa or apply for citizenship.

nayo 27-10-2013 04:48

As far as I know there are a lot of illegal immigrants in USA, aren't there?
Richey could have been one of them.
I don't believe it's Richey though :P

mar 27-10-2013 08:57

If you say you lost your passport they give you another one. So you have 2.
Or you can buy a fake one, or get a friend's one.

Littlesue 27-10-2013 09:43

I'm sure the Passport Office would have been the first thing the police would have checked if he had tried to get another one. Also for someone who was so close to his family he would have to be a bit of an evil bastard to walk round living a normal life somewhere else without letting them know.

mar 27-10-2013 09:49

He could have got another one months before. Or from a friend as I said.

amnesic 27-10-2013 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlesue (Post 2573363)
I'm sure the Passport Office would have been the first thing the police would have checked if he had tried to get another one. Also for someone who was so close to his family he would have to be a bit of an evil bastard to walk round living a normal life somewhere else without letting them know.

I tend to believe that the idea of deliberatly disappearing is not consistent with his attachment to his family. However, my only doubt is that those who are suicidal can think that they are a drain on their family. It is possible that if he deliberatly went missing that he thought along these lines. The longer her was away the more difficult it could be to get back in touch.

hummingbird 27-10-2013 10:18

I would think it would be almost impossible to get back in touch now. The guilt he would be feeling....

mar 27-10-2013 10:44

If he got back in touch with his family why they should tell us if he asks them not to.

Takk 27-10-2013 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayo (Post 2573349)
As far as I know there are a lot of illegal immigrants in USA, aren't there?
Richey could have been one of them.
I don't believe it's Richey though :P

Not usually ones who've arrived legally by plane though. The police would be looking for him.

hummingbird 27-10-2013 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar (Post 2573375)
If he got back in touch with his family why they should tell us if he asks them not to.

Would they keep it from the band? that wouldn't be fair would it and it would be difficult to pretend he's still missing.

mar 27-10-2013 14:44

Of course they would tell the band if he didn't mind I guess. Again, we are talking about things we have no idea about.

Silver10 27-10-2013 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2573199)
Alcoholics Anonymous is a daft name. The first thing you do there is stand up and tell everyone your name and that you're an alcoholic. (I'm going on the TV versions of such groups, I've never been!)

Oh well, case closed.

True but you don't have to prove anything. You could say your name was whatever you want it to be that day and then everyone is all "Hi, name!" and that's it :P Or so someone has told me ha You could be someone new at every meeting. Kind of like Edward Norton in Fight Club :p It was kind of fun thinking of Richey spinning a globe and his finger landing on Philadelphia but I doubt it's him :P Sounds like an impersonator.

amnesic 27-10-2013 15:58

Doesn't Philly have these mega cheese burgers or something? Maybe he was drawn to it for the burgers. About time he had a decent meal

mar 27-10-2013 16:19

What they don't seem to have are AA meetings.