Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Japanese Bonus tracks (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62758)

Marat Sar 21-04-2018 17:40

Sounds great but also sounds like it would stick out in this glossy tracklist if there's an unfinished quality to it.

In other words, probably a great experience but won't join the traclist instead of Broken Algorithms to take RIF up from a 7 point album to an 8 pointer...

Porco 21-04-2018 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marat Sar (Post 2672264)
Sounds great but also sounds like it would stick out in this glossy tracklist if there's an unfinished quality to it.

In other words, probably a great experience but won't join the traclist instead of Broken Algorithms to take RIF up from a 7 point album to an 8 pointer...

I don't know, I don't think it sticks out, I think it sound in keeping with the album. It's all a pointless discussion I guess really lol, you'd have to have the track to put it in a list, and then you could decide yourself in that instance.

beadyeyedoeen 21-04-2018 19:00

What do you think of the tracks? I'd love to see someone else's opinion of Mirror Gaze especially! I am going mad or is it really as amazing as I think it is? :D

I'm conscious of making too much of it and people deciding to spend the (ludicrous amount of) money to import it then be all like 'oh Porco you made me waste my money you utter... '![/QUOTE]

Both lovely tracks, love the verses in mirror gaze, I hadn't heard holding patterns as I didn't get the single, so that was new to me aswell, I wasn't gonna buy the CD, but I couldn't wait, wish they'd let us know if they was gonna be released digitally here like with Futurology, bought that Japan version, then they was B-Sides to the single, was quite annoyed 😄

beadyeyedoeen 21-04-2018 19:00

Well that didn't go right ��

Porco 21-04-2018 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadyeyedoeen (Post 2672267)
Well that didn't go right ��

hah, you just lopped off the first [quote] tag. :)

I know what you mean about the tracks being released later... but I still think it's nice to have them all together. I do still hope they get a wider release soon for everyone else's sake.

Europa Gluten Free 21-04-2018 19:37

If anyone wanted to pm me to discuss the Japanese tracks, I'd very much appreciate it...

Routine Builder 21-04-2018 19:47

I'm also in the mood for popcorn if people feel like sharing....

Suicide Aldi 21-04-2018 21:36

Mmmm popcorn....

I would love some too please

Marat Sar 22-04-2018 08:51

Total fan of that popcorn...

manicbill 22-04-2018 13:55

Love popcorn...

Routine Builder 22-04-2018 14:09

Someone has uploaded popcorn to YouTube...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b6oc9o8I6Hw

Marat Sar 22-04-2018 18:54

If I were to have gotten some popcorn today, almost inexplicably, I would say it's really really yummy.

Like, really. Both great, even better than Withdrawal and Concrete Fields (already massive b-sides). And the sound is pretty much on par with those so they fit the tracklists well -- or would if I'd have flacs. For that it seems FIFTY DOLLARS PLUS SHIPPING is the only way to go for now, on ebay. Oh, one day I guess.

You're not losing your minds, Mirror Gaze is really good. Catchy and just all around accomplished melodically and production wise. This is an expert nod to early 90s Sega rock, ELO etc. The verses were great in the sample, but the chorus is giant too. Does that lovely little epic / taunting emotion JDB sometimes summons. Hard to explain what it conveys but I've always loved it when he does that.

Nicky's also learned to convey a similar emotion from him over the years (listen to how he taunts himself on Concrete Fields)

The real surprise here is Holding Patterns though. Not at all the watery b-side stand-in I was expecting. The chorus is massive, the third line especially, gorgeous japan-tinged melody there (not the only cyber-samurai moment on the album -- Withdrawal, Concrete Fields and I forget but one other also does similar sounds and melodies). Also, why didn't anyone mention that Holding Patterns has the most epic guitar solo on the album? It's really short and cool."

is what I would be saying if I got popcorn.

Europa Gluten Free 22-04-2018 18:55

I like the Japanese tracks very much. But only as additional tracks. I wouldn't necessarily have put them on the album.

Marconi Delorian 22-04-2018 18:59

I'd love a mouthful of popcorn!

centralscrutiniser 22-04-2018 19:25

Is there some popcorn going? Could I have some please?