Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Album and Tour: Resistance is Futile (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62676)

Porco 22-05-2018 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 2673819)
Porco - you've triggered a migraine. Am I prone to them? I've never had one before.

Many purple apologies! Apurpolgies?

Europa Gluten Free 22-05-2018 20:09

It all looks so cheap to me.

rosetree 22-05-2018 20:42

It looks a bit like dividing lines, exit signs and tattered manifestos

Routine Builder 22-05-2018 20:53

Hearing Nicky say he couldn't be bothered with the music for this album is a bit disheartening. I know his mum hasn't been well, and do feel for him after dealing with similar last year. But even at the end of Futurology he seemed quite dispondent about the band. James is more than capable of picking up the slack which kind of explains why this album is the closest MSP have come to reproducing the sound of the great western. However this isn't a band firing on all cylinders and it's unfair for James and Sean.

I'm beginning to think we're in for a prolonged break soon where James and Sean pursue their own projects while Nicky takes more poloroids or something...

Hopefully I'm wrong.

UEF 23-05-2018 12:26

Nicky sounding quite despondent about the band is Business as Usual

almostfamous 23-05-2018 19:10

HMLAH is now A-list on Radio 2 and B-list at 6Music. Gonna keep those album sales tickin' over....

raven 23-05-2018 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2673823)
Hearing Nicky say he couldn't be bothered with the music for this album is a bit disheartening. I know his mum hasn't been well, and do feel for him after dealing with similar last year. But even at the end of Futurology he seemed quite dispondent about the band. James is more than capable of picking up the slack which kind of explains why this album is the closest MSP have come to reproducing the sound of the great western. However this isn't a band firing on all cylinders and it's unfair for James and Sean.

I'm beginning to think we're in for a prolonged break soon where James and Sean pursue their own projects while Nicky takes more poloroids or something...

Hopefully I'm wrong.

His mum's seriously unwell

Ease up a little

Marat Sar 24-05-2018 19:20

There's remix of HMLAH out... but I can't see it anywhere in the article. Amyone had a listen to this?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...rs-warm-digits

Porco 24-05-2018 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marat Sar (Post 2673846)
There's remix of HMLAH out... but I can't see it anywhere in the article. Amyone had a listen to this?

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...rs-warm-digits

It's embedded as a vevo vid? The Warm Digits remix. It's pretty cool, I like it. Hopefully it'll turn up to buy soon.

Marat Sar 24-05-2018 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2673847)
It's embedded as a vevo vid? The Warm Digits remix. It's pretty cool, I like it. Hopefully it'll turn up to buy soon.

Damn. Not showing up in either chrome nor firefox (just white blank box there). Could you possibly post a ling to the embedded video directly? (searching youtube doesn't give results either...)

Porco 24-05-2018 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marat Sar (Post 2673851)
Damn. Not showing up in either chrome nor firefox (just white blank box there). Could you possibly post a ling to the embedded video directly? (searching youtube doesn't give results either...)

I think it's some kind of exclusively-linked javascripty stream thing not even a cached video I can link to reliably. bleh. Ironic given the content in the interview!

"Streaming serves a purpose, but there’s something within me that doesn’t feel comfortable with not owning something. The fact that I’m just leasing music and then not being able to pass that down. You can’t pass down a record collection via streaming. That’s the only thing that doesn’t sit right with me, is the fact that those memories and moments in life that we map onto something that’s physical and being cherished as a legacy, passed down. We’re losing ownership of that."

Yes, I agree and I would like to own this remix Sean... lovely remix, I have money here waiting to pay for it... hmmmm. bleh.

raven 25-05-2018 00:01

There was something twittered about it being a Billboard exclusive so it'll be only available via there 'for a while'

Wish you hadn't said Ironic ..... now I've got Alanis in my head. In purple?? Yes now!! Stop!

Did come across a quote from Nicky re Hold Me...though “This track sprung from reading Lines on a Young Lady’s Photograph Album by Phillip Larkin, and his poem Aubade as well. It was the last lyric written for the record and I knew it had to be special. It’s got one of my favourite ever lines, which is “what is the future of the future/when memory fades and gets boarded up”. We’ve long been obsessed with writing something like Ashes to Ashes; I think this is the closest we’ll ever get”.....so I feel calmer now as I love Larkin and hope to replace Alanis with him in my head case....I mean space. Probably

Porco 25-05-2018 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 2673854)
There was something twittered about it being a Billboard exclusive so it'll be only available via there 'for a while'

Wish you hadn't said Ironic ..... now I've got Alanis in my head. In purple?? Yes now!! Stop!

Did come across a quote from Nicky re Hold Me...though “This track sprung from reading Lines on a Young Lady’s Photograph Album by Phillip Larkin, and his poem Aubade as well. It was the last lyric written for the record and I knew it had to be special. It’s got one of my favourite ever lines, which is “what is the future of the future/when memory fades and gets boarded up”. We’ve long been obsessed with writing something like Ashes to Ashes; I think this is the closest we’ll ever get”.....so I feel calmer now as I love Larkin and hope to replace Alanis with him in my head case....I mean space. Probably

I think you’ll manage it.

...yeah, I really do think... :lol: ;)

Hopefully the remix will be exclusive for only a short time and then available to purchase. To own. Still looking forward to the PSB one that was mentioned too.

Dancing Kirby 25-05-2018 07:24

An audio video is on YouTube (and all other streaming services).

It fits in nicely with the new Chvrches album. I think I prefer it to the original. This album needs more remixes and less Dave Eringa.

everlasting 25-05-2018 09:02

Interesting that HMLAH has been added to A-list on radio 2, doesn't even seem like there's been any proper singles releases from this album except IB. They all just came out super close to one another, no promotion on TV or radio, no physical releases. Just very different nowadays how it's all done. Hope the single manages to push album sales, as we know the Manics will never ever get a 'single' in the top 100 sadly now :(