Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Porco 22-05-2016 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2659051)
:mad: maybe see you next season, maybe not. Saturday will be an interesting day...

Ha, no offence meant. Good luck to Hull in the final.

Automatik 22-05-2016 12:57

I'll never understand the band's singles and b-sides selection policy. So frustrating.

There's at least one silly single each album and usually two or three b-sides that should have been on an album or even singles themselves.

(Just listening to Red Rubber again.)

sculptureofabloke 22-05-2016 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2659070)
Ha, no offence meant. Good luck to Hull in the final.

Got no fucking idea what to expect there.. Don't normally get nervous about football, tend to take it on the chin when things are bad and be in a permanent state of shock when things are ok.. Everyone has their good and bad days but don't think many have had such a difference between their good and bad days as Newcastle and Hull have this season... Hopefully there'll be somewhere near Liberty on Saturday that'll show it.. If I can see my team promoted and my favourite band on try same day, that'll go down as an all time great. But I'm nervous...

Jayseph 22-05-2016 13:32

I can't get my head around James learning to drive. What is the world coming to?

hummingbird 22-05-2016 13:40

every time i hear welcome to the deadzone i feel sad it wasn't picked for the album

UEF 22-05-2016 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayseph (Post 2659081)
I can't get my head around James learning to drive. What is the world coming to?

And he waited until the era of Uber to learn

UEF 22-05-2016 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik (Post 2659074)
I'll never understand the band's singles and b-sides selection policy. So frustrating.

There's at least one silly single each album and usually two or three b-sides that should have been on an album or even singles themselves.

(Just listening to Red Rubber again.)

Eminem does the same thing

Automatik 22-05-2016 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2659083)
every time i hear welcome to the deadzone i feel sad it wasn't picked for the album

The quality of their b-sides generally is so high, and the album track selections so mystifying, that I get the same feeling very often indeed.

Jayseph 22-05-2016 21:39

Listening to a lot of interviews at the moment, and I just love it when Nicky cracks up at something James or Sean says.

nocultureicons 23-05-2016 18:09

Some of Know Your Enemy isn't really all that different than We Her Majesty's Prisoners.

Red 24-05-2016 10:01

Hmm. If they played nothing from The Holy Bible on this tour, not even the regular setlist staples of Faster and This Is Yesterday, does it mean that they won't be playing anything from Everything Must Go on the next tour?

If so, I'd rather like the Design For Life-shaped hole at the end of the set filled by Motown Junk.

( ) 24-05-2016 15:34

Does anyone know how many of the original Everything Must Go LPs were released (I would have thought it wasn't very many as it was the time where record sales started going down). I've only ever seen my own copy (which was off a market stall), not even seen one in a record shop which is surprising.

Nobody 24-05-2016 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ( ) (Post 2659239)
Does anyone know how many of the original Everything Must Go LPs were released (I would have thought it wasn't very many as it was the time where record sales started going down). I've only ever seen my own copy (which was off a market stall), not even seen one in a record shop which is surprising.

I've only ever saw it once in a record (a few weeks back), was about £35. Don't know how many were produced but I expect its a lot more than Lifeblood which seems to go for well over £100.

Suicide Aldi 25-05-2016 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2659250)
I've only ever saw it once in a record (a few weeks back), was about £35. Don't know how many were produced but I expect its a lot more than Lifeblood which seems to go for well over £100.

I had a real bargain with lifeblood. £25!!

( ) 25-05-2016 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobody (Post 2659250)

I know my dad managed to buy EMG of the local market about 7 years ago. It was completely unexpected and the person he bought it off can't have known how much it was worth. "What's the story" is another massively selling album from the same era sold but it very rare to see an original.

Managed to get Design for life jukebox 7" of German ebay very cheap, I can have thought there were many of those either. It's very easy to know the prices of these things but the amount that were issue is a mystery.

I saw Generation Terrorists on vinyl in a charity shop the one time, that really excited me but it was completely scratched to death so it wasn't bought.