Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anybody heard the album yet? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62776)

Mr Richey 20-03-2018 17:10

Anybody heard the album yet?

Usually around this time somebody gets their hands on a promo of the album and gives us a juicy review. Anybody out there?? Has it leaked online? I don’t own a computer anymore so I’m well out of the loop when it comes to leaks. Really eager to read a full review from a fan as opposed to magazines, who always either slag albums off or hype them to death.

UEF 20-03-2018 20:23

Must be getting close, reviewers have heard it. Not aware of a leak but prepared to be proved wrong!

Glyn 20-03-2018 20:56

There have been a few hints dropped in the 'new album' thread so it has been heard (but not leaked). I go the other way to be honest, would far rather read 'professional' reviews that leave some room for surprise than a fan trying to describe it any real detail

Routine Builder 21-03-2018 08:01

Clearly Jimi A has heard it but keeps mum about the details.

Jimi A 21-03-2018 10:45

Singles are very different from the rest of the album. I'd be very surprised if people don't love it.

Marat Sar 21-03-2018 23:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi A (Post 2670706)
Singles are very different from the rest of the album. I'd be very surprised if people don't love it.

Give us a bit more, will you? Are the shimmers of Lifeblood type atmospherics in Distant Colours' verses a once off for the album? Or do we get Lifeblood elements mixed with more SATT 80s stuff like I for one am hoping for. Is the instrumentation adventurous throughout, like Dylan & Caitlin? What is it mood-wise? Surprisingly pessimistic from time to time? Or exuberant like Futurology?

tomd2103 22-03-2018 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi A (Post 2670706)

Reviews in Q magazine usually pick out three standout tracks and interestingly the three the reviewer has picked out for Resistance aren't any of the ones been released so far.

Marat Sar 22-03-2018 14:26

So no one's heard the album... hmm hmm.

Q Magazine review not online? (Can't find it)

Routine Builder 22-03-2018 14:31

Have a look on the FD Twitter, it seems be where all the reviews are being dumped.

Marat Sar 22-03-2018 14:46

Yeah, doesn't seem to be online. Neither is this (pretty interesting looking thing)

http://www.musicweek.com/interviews/...w-album/071836

starfucker 23-03-2018 13:28

I don't mean this to sound harsh in any way - just genuinely interested. Why are you so excited / anxious about other people's opinions (which will cloud and influence your opinion) before you've even heard it? Just be patient and listen to it when it's out. Then when we've all heard it we can have discussions about what we like and don't like and why.

Personally I am loving what I've heard so far and looking forward to it but don't particularly care about what Q magazine think of it. The only opinions worth taking on board are those of people you know and also know your own tastes.

Obviously, being part of a Manics forum, you can assume nearly everyone here is a fan of the band, but some people here would have you believe that KYE is better than THB (it's all subjective).

I understand the excitement of wanting to hear it as soon as possible but in my opinion, it's more exciting to hear new albums fresh without any prior subconscious judgement.

Anyway, sorry for the unintended rant there. I hope you hear it soon and enjoy it x

tomd2103 23-03-2018 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfucker (Post 2670760)
I don't mean this to sound harsh in any way - just genuinely interested. Why are you so excited / anxious about other people's opinions (which will cloud and influence your opinion) before you've even heard it? Just be patient and listen to it when it's out. Then when we've all heard it we can have discussions about what we like and don't like and why.

Personally I am loving what I've heard so far and looking forward to it but don't particularly care about what Q magazine think of it. The only opinions worth taking on board are those of people you know and also know your own tastes.

Obviously, being part of a Manics forum, you can assume nearly everyone here is a fan of the band, but some people here would have you believe that KYE is better than THB (it's all subjective).

I understand the excitement of wanting to hear it as soon as possible but in my opinion, it's more exciting to hear new albums fresh without any prior subconscious judgement.

Anyway, sorry for the unintended rant there. I hope you hear it soon and enjoy it x

Neither anxious or excited about the opinions of others, just interested to read about the band to be honest. As you say, it is what the listener gets out of it that is most important, but a favourable review does build the anticipation a bit!!

hummingbird 23-03-2018 19:21

Favourable reviews sway me to check out albums I'm not sure about ...bad reviews put me off ..so there's a use for them

raven 23-03-2018 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfucker (Post 2670760)

I agree. I'm interested, to an extent, in the mainstream press reviews...to see how they receive it...and writing a review good or bad is a rare skill not just anyone has despite what the tinternet may like us to believe....but all else is very subjective and in the end as a fan you bring your own personal history and interest to it. Or I do:) I'll buy it regardless of reviews, make up my own mind, and keep it to myself....well...probably.... cos personal reviews can end up in arguments that go on till the cows come home and no one is really right or wrong when it comes down to your own personal feelings towards it. The haters are always wrong though:) I'm not so keen on Know Your Enemy but the band feel like friends, they're allowed a misjudged turn, you know they'll be back there for you in time....:) And you always wish the best for them regardless cos they've meant/done so much for me. I would make a terrible reviewer most likely yes

hummingbird 23-03-2018 20:07

I wouldn't know where to start reviewing an album. Yay I like or boo I no likey would be the extent of it