Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

hummingbird 13-06-2011 16:14

i've seen the interview.. i meant she might've indicated she disliked the band or richey elsewhere :)

Little Troll 13-06-2011 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2296009)
Alice is that one who claims she's channelling Richey's spirit and taking money from over hopeful people.
The Cameron woman did a snide interview with the band in the 90's and go Deets for still hating her!
But no she is awful. And unfunny.
The last one, Jenny, I'm drawing a blank. WHOHELLSHE?

Thank you :smile:

From what i remember being told a few months ago, Jenny wrote a book about the manics and how she slept with Nicky? I could be wrong though.

Little Troll 13-06-2011 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2296016)

I've just watched it and it's awkward to watch, that's awful!

Deets 14-06-2011 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by franny (Post 2295863)
Richey isn't a completely unapproachable subject, people always seem happy on here to argue about what they thought happened to him or what he thought about various things, people write fanfics about him, surely that's more offensive than somebody giving a very lenient (I thought) account of Richey.

Artistic license permits authors to re-imagine people anyway but I think Ben honestly tried to stay as true to the Richey he knew as possible and to him it probably wasn't a big issue to write from the mind as Richey. He caused offence to a few people but frankly most people don't care and I think it's a small price to pay for a decent piece of fiction. You obviously both read it anyway, if attempting to think like Richey is so offensive and wrong you should have avoided it completely.

And maybe it's good for Nicky to be offended, he's caused his own fair share.

Love you guyz anyway.

who cares fanfics? and they are not written for money.
I decided that B. Meyers is a propper piece of bastard when he sneaked to FD and published some shite on his site. I feel helpless, on one side I never wanted that c*nt get my money, on the other one I wanted to have arguments against him. people like B. Meyers are pathetic.

I love you, Fran, too xx

I'm suprised people ask who Angie Kruger is. I know that back in those days she was pretty unpopular among the fans. I refuse buying her books, listening some of her "shows" on YT smashed my mind enough.
her site, if anyone cared entering
http://www.angandrich.co.uk/

edit:
haha I got so involved in the conversation I forgot the reason I entered this thread!
I wanna write an essay on the Manics. there are enough articles, books etc. to make it. the question I'd answer would be "are Manic Street Preachers a brit-pop band" and I'd go through the definition of brit pop, short history of main bands of this stream, and some history of the Manics, analyse of their interviews and songs. the conclusion would be probably something like "they were active in that time but they are not a typical bp band although they were influenced very much by such bands as Blur or Oasis.

hummingbird 14-06-2011 20:57

to quote nicky or james they *rode on their coat tails* but they weren't britpop. I wouldn't say they were influenced by Blur or Oasis either as such as they were their contemporaries. Britpop bands were 90s bands influenced by 60s bands such as the Beatles or the kinks and had a retro guitar sound. The Manics were more rock than that. Thats how i understand it anyway. On all theBritpop retrospectives recently, the manics haven't been mentioned. You should get hold of Mojo's Britpop special..All the bands are listed in there.

Beej 14-06-2011 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2295657)
Shelf of hate (in this order):

1. Angie Kruger
2. Rhona Cameron

Yes! Haven't read Ben's book and I have mo idea who the last one is.

cricri 14-06-2011 23:28

Erm, I kinda like would love to know something more about this
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nailed-Histo.../dp/1849381755
is it somehow official? is it updated? would you recommend it?

2004567 14-06-2011 23:43

Err it's ok. A few grammatical errors, and band errors, but some great pictures and a good discog.

cricri 14-06-2011 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by postcardsfromayoungman (Post 2296734)
Err it's ok.

It's not exactly encouraging, now is it? :p

Deets 15-06-2011 09:36

Lewis's right, pictures are amazing. worth buying only for them. and 11 quid is a great bargain. just ignore the text.

MoMoney MoJunk 15-06-2011 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abby Grissom (Post 2296653)
Yes! Haven't read Ben's book and I have mo idea who the last one is.

:mrgreen:

nocultureicons 15-06-2011 20:14

I forget sometimes what an astonishing band they are. Even at their worst they're usually still way better than everyone else. Some of the lyrics and subject matter they've managed to get in the charts and played on mainstream radio.

Beej 15-06-2011 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk (Post 2296904)
:mrgreen:

Heh, oops. :D

cricri 16-06-2011 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2296816)
Lewis's right, pictures are amazing. worth buying only for them. and 11 quid is a great bargain. just ignore the text.

Thank you, Klaudia. :smile:
I guess I'll save my money for something better.

MSPlover 17-06-2011 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2296816)

Sorry but it's too expensive for me just to for the pics. also, sooner or later you can find those pics on the net for free.