Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Strawberry 28-09-2015 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2651297)

No, the resemblance has been commented on before.

Deets 30-09-2015 18:28

James must have been lying in No Manifesto when he said he doesn't like The Beatles. Well I've always known Wire is not a person to trust but I haven't seen that one coming from JDB. And Sean has got guns. And Richey disappeared.

I AM HAVING SERIOUS TRUST ISSUES RN

Son of Stopped 30-09-2015 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2651366)
James must have been lying in No Manifesto when he said he doesn't like The Beatles. Well I've always known Wire is not a person to trust but I haven't seen that one coming from JDB. And Sean has got guns. And Richey disappeared.

I AM HAVING SERIOUS TRUST ISSUES RN

I don't even think they laughed when Lennon were shot and as far as I can find out, none of them designed or built any buildings to justify being called an architect.
They may as well have sang "I lost the international rights to Barney the Dinosaur"! :p

Son of Stopped 30-09-2015 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2651366)
James must have been lying in No Manifesto when he said he doesn't like The Beatles.

I AM HAVING SERIOUS TRUST ISSUES RN

Tch, it's not even the real McCartney! :twisted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9_qN64S4s

GBF of my BFF's New Girlfriend: Aaron, what the fuck do you watch to relax? This is making me go white and I haven't smoked anything!

UEF 01-10-2015 12:59

I'm pretty sure James doesn't like The Beatles, he always pulled a face when Nicky said SATT (?) would sound like Abbey Road etc. Which is weird, if anythind I'd expect James and Nicky to be the other way round.

Dac X Lee 02-10-2015 06:13

If James really doesn't like The Beatles, then I hope he doesn't see the interview for Korean MTV that my friend showed me, where, while he can clearly be heard saying "Sex Pistols", when talking of their music influences, the subtitles said "Beatles".

Facepalm! Not only unneeded censorship, but it's also not such an innocent one... And James would be mad too.

Lord Revan 03-10-2015 23:38

S.Y.M.M would be great in the soundtrack of a really dark murder mystery somewhere in the moors of England. Not just saying that because of the name but because of the atmosphere it evokes. It's a very atmospheric song.

Dac X Lee 04-10-2015 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2651453)
S.Y.M.M would be great in the soundtrack of a really dark murder mystery somewhere in the moors of England. Not just saying that because of the name but because of the atmosphere it evokes. It's a very atmospheric song.

Also, make it happen in a snowy wintery scenery.

I always imagined my JRPG-ish 16-bit characters wandering at the snowy side of the world map somewhere near the end of the game, when the story "gets serious".

AK47 05-10-2015 16:46

I don't expect we'll get any new manics material until late 2016. This sucks if true. I don't mind them doing a few gigs for EMG though.

Dac X Lee 06-10-2015 01:17

So, I saw this infographic today http://gaspull.geeksaresexytech.netd...0/sidekick.jpg
It's about most iconic side-kicks in pop culture, in chronological order.

And then I noticed... James Edwards! A.k.a Agent J. And I checked the year, it says 1997. Either the authors were Manic-inspired, or I am just Manic-obsessed...

Automatik 07-10-2015 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2651517)
I don't expect we'll get any new manics material until late 2016. This sucks if true. I don't mind them doing a few gigs for EMG though.

I'm hoping for an 'exclusive download' of some sort before too long.

Porco 09-10-2015 07:14

Watched the Anthem for a Lost Cause video again earlier, it still gets to me every time. What a fine piece of work.

UEF 09-10-2015 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2651596)
Watched the Anthem for a Lost Cause video again earlier, it still gets to me every time. What a fine piece of work.

Going to have to disagree with you there. To me it comes across as ham-fistedly as a student film by someone who's just learnt about the unions.

Deets 10-10-2015 13:52

This sullen Welsh heart is damn beautiful

Lord Revan 10-10-2015 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2651606)
This sullen Welsh heart is damn beautiful

RTF as a whole, really. Save for a couple of songs I think it's pretty much perfect, I used to not like it at all.


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.