Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

gracie 25-03-2015 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2638102)
Against the soles. :P

:lol: :lol:

Lord Revan 25-03-2015 20:46

I thought Sean played the trumpet on Ocean Spray but it's a woman in the video. My gut feeling says it's still Sean on the track because that would be a typical Manics thing to do.

hummingbird 25-03-2015 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2638139)
I thought Sean played the trumpet on Ocean Spray but it's a woman in the video. My gut feeling says it's still Sean on the track because that would be a typical Manics thing to do.

He does play it on the album.. it was his tribute to James's mum

Lord Revan 25-03-2015 21:13

Yeah, that's what I thought. It's such an emotional song.

On an unrelated note, I am still frustrated by the shitty sound on so many pro-shot Manics performances from recent years. There really is no shortage of festival footage, it's just that often the mix is wrong and flat...

hummingbird 25-03-2015 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2638143)

On an unrelated note, I am still frustrated by the shitty sound on so many pro-shot Manics performances from recent years. There really is no shortage of festival footage, it's just that often the mix is wrong and flat...

the best TV footage i've seen recently was T in the Park last summer? So good i wanted to climb into the telly.. i think it was last year

slop101 26-03-2015 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2638143)

Which begs the question; videos aside, why is there no official MSP live in concert release? The O2 concert would've made for a perfect 2-CD concert release.

I honestly cannot think of a single other band that has been around for longer than 10 years, is really good live and doesn't have a single official live release. Fucking Muse already has like three.

Suicide Aldi 27-03-2015 06:39

Because they said they would never do live albums - and its just about the only rule they set for themselves that they havnt broken.

Strawberry 27-03-2015 17:03

I just watched Come Dine With Me and I thought that one of the contestants looked like James Dean Bradfield.

Also, he was called Martino and he was from Belgium.

gracie 27-03-2015 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2638272)
I just watched Come Dine With Me and I thought that one of the contestants looked like James Dean Bradfield.

Maybe it was a camo...the plot thickens.

Pie anyone?

slop101 27-03-2015 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi (Post 2638254)
Because they said they would never do live albums - and its just about the only rule they set for themselves that they havnt broken.

Never heard that rule. Do they have any reason why, do they feel it's redundant? I like a lot of the live versions of their stuff, especially from GT, as it always sounds better, not to mention the live acoustic versions - I would totally buy that stuff! They put out plenty as B-sides, what's the objection over a well recorded live album?

Lord Revan 27-03-2015 21:58

Hmm, they have released three concert videos though.

Borderliner 29-03-2015 16:33

Just watched No Manifesto. It was so refreshing. I always thought that I like Manic Street Preachers and that's that but now I realize that I love them even more. I've never seen them live and probably never will so I'm really glad I watched this amazing film!

MoMoney MoJunk 30-03-2015 14:08

Where do you live Borderliner?

You should check them out, they're pretty decent ;)

sculptureofabloke 30-03-2015 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 2638209)
Which begs the question; videos aside, why is there no official MSP live in concert release? The O2 concert would've made for a perfect 2-CD concert release.

I honestly cannot think of a single other band that has been around for longer than 10 years, is really good live and doesn't have a single official live release. Fucking Muse already has like three.

I don't get it either, they've been happy enough to stick live tracks on b-sides. Off the top of my head I can think of about 30 at least, if that's fine and if three compilations are fine, why not?

Automatik 30-03-2015 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2638546)
I don't get it either, they've been happy enough to stick live tracks on b-sides. Off the top of my head I can think of about 30 at least, if that's fine and if three compilations are fine, why not?

Perhaps the record company already assessed the demand of the live album format and concluded that sales-wise it was a non-starter.

As you say, there's more than enough material for a live compilation.