Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

exopotamie 23-06-2011 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by franny (Post 2300756)
Point us in the direction of said remix and all is forgiven!

I think it was posted here, but can't be bothered to find where, so here's the direct link: http://soundcloud.com/djmikeyl/manic...preachers-some

Quote:

Originally Posted by //Kelly (Post 2300760)
Listening to a dance remix of agadoo is more forgivable than listening to SKON.

:lol:

The Gutless Wonder 23-06-2011 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by //Kelly (Post 2300760)
Listening to a dance remix of agadoo is more forgivable than listening to SKON.

Tsk!

Where is this hallowed dance remix of SKON?

ennanire 03-07-2011 22:07

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
I just discovered my sister's best friend is an obsessive Manics' fan and LOVES Richey!!!!
My sister kept this secret well hidden! EEEEE!!!! :D

Ermintrude the Cow 04-07-2011 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennanire (Post 2306366)
AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
I just discovered my sister's best friend is an obsessive Manics' fan and LOVES Richey!!!!
My sister kept this secret well hidden! EEEEE!!!! :D

For good reason I'd imagine :P

NasalScarecrow 04-07-2011 13:43

Walked past someone earlier in a Manics shirt who also had a Fear And Loathing tattoo. Huh.

Grant 04-07-2011 19:02

I dreamt about the manics last night thanks to the many status updates of FD'ers on Facebook, regarding the gig. :D :heart:

ennanire 06-07-2011 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow (Post 2306503)
For good reason I'd imagine :P

haha! You're probably right... :cry:

SeveredJoke 06-07-2011 14:59

Dear Manics,

Please play songs faster. Not super fast but the sort of speed you hear on the live recordings of Holy Bible era tours rather than 'play along with the Manic Street Preachers!' speed you seem to favour.

Thanks!

The Gutless Wonder 06-07-2011 20:17

They do play the songs fast! (Not ultra fast as when in their youth but still!)

Futurologist 06-07-2011 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by exopotamie (Post 2300780)
I think it was posted here, but can't be bothered to find where, so here's the direct link: http://soundcloud.com/djmikeyl/manic...preachers-some



:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2300781)
Tsk!

Where is this hallowed dance remix of SKON?

It's the 'James and Ian as chipmunks' remix that I posted a while back, I think. See expotamie's link above.

Little Troll 06-07-2011 21:47

I saw someone in a Manics top at Wireless on Sunday. My friend pointed him out to me and I then started walking next to him to see if it was someone I recognised but it wasn't.

If it was any of you then hi :smile:

SeveredJoke 07-07-2011 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2307995)
They do play the songs fast! (Not ultra fast as when in their youth but still!)

Sorry but don't agree. LBAL sounded weird slowed down and Suicide Alley was faaaar too slow for its punky vibe. Contrast the live version of OWA on the special edition Holy Bible with the recent live versions and you'll hear the difference.

Age is no excuse for slowing down your songs!

franny 07-07-2011 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalbertie (Post 2308101)
I saw someone in a Manics top at Wireless on Sunday. My friend pointed him out to me and I then started walking next to him to see if it was someone I recognised but it wasn't.

If it was any of you then hi :smile:

Stalker.


I saw him too

NasalScarecrow 07-07-2011 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeveredJoke (Post 2308257)
Sorry but don't agree. LBAL sounded weird slowed down and Suicide Alley was faaaar too slow for its punky vibe. Contrast the live version of OWA on the special edition Holy Bible with the recent live versions and you'll hear the difference.

Age is no excuse for slowing down your songs!

I thought that completely suited it. It's not a ragged rock song to hurtle through, it's really well crafted and the live performances completely suited the riffs and lyrics. IMO anyway.

SeveredJoke 07-07-2011 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow (Post 2308263)
I thought that completely suited it. It's not a ragged rock song to hurtle through, it's really well crafted and the live performances completely suited the riffs and lyrics. IMO anyway.

I prefer the album version as the palm muted riff sounds better fast. The chorusy bits are ok slow but the main riff should be driving and urgent. If you're doing it slow it's probably best to play it without muting so the notes have space.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.