Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Son of Stopped 18-09-2015 10:05

"5 A.M." from David (I always thought he was called 'Dave'?) Gilmour's new solo album begins with the same sound filter effect the EMG album begins with. (But no sound of water, and at least EI:BP is a song!)

Strawberry 18-09-2015 11:28

I once read an interview with him where he said that he prefers to be called David.

Son of Stopped 18-09-2015 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2651012)
I once read an interview with him where he said that he prefers to be called David.

Mind you, nobody's calling James "Jim" so maybe the two different acts have more in common with their singers preference for how their name is pronounced!

Automatik 18-09-2015 17:53

Surely it must only be a matter of time before Gwenno and the band collaborate on something? I'd settle for guest vocals on a new track, a Gwenno remix of any Manics track, or a Manics version of an existing Gwenno song...

MoMoney MoJunk 19-09-2015 23:06

Never heard some of the Lifeblood demos that are on Youtube before! Solitude Sometimes Is in particular is very good. They're not very different, but still worth a listen if you've never heard them before.

Frozendiva 20-09-2015 03:23

RIP Jackie Collins.

Automatik 20-09-2015 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk (Post 2651082)
Never heard some of the Lifeblood demos that are on Youtube before! Solitude Sometimes Is in particular is very good. They're not very different, but still worth a listen if you've never heard them before.

That is good. One abiding criticism I have of Lifeblood is that the production sounds rather tinny and weak at times (a la the Stone Roses' debut album). The demos sound much meatier.

Thanks for the find.

Porco 20-09-2015 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozendiva (Post 2651091)
RIP Jackie Collins.

Indeed. RIP.

What is slightly bizarre, perhaps especially for us Manics fans, is apparently she secretly found out she had cancer over six years ago, which would put it right about the time Jackie Collins' Existential Question Time was released to the public. Which is kind of grimly ironic, having a song called that, as she must have been questioning the existential herself at the time. Obviously if it was a secret the band couldn't have known, just another one of those weird cosmic coincidences.

MoMoney MoJunk 20-09-2015 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik (Post 2651101)
That is good. One abiding criticism I have of Lifeblood is that the production sounds rather tinny and weak at times (a la the Stone Roses' debut album). The demos sound much meatier.

Thanks for the find.

:)

Dac X Lee 21-09-2015 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozendiva (Post 2651091)
RIP Jackie Collins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2651104)
Indeed. RIP.

What is slightly bizarre, perhaps especially for us Manics fans, is apparently she secretly found out she had cancer over six years ago, which would put it right about the time Jackie Collins' Existential Question Time was released to the public. Which is kind of grimly ironic, having a song called that, as she must have been questioning the existential herself at the time. Obviously if it was a secret the band couldn't have known, just another one of those weird cosmic coincidences.

Oh my, I'd freak out if I were her. :P
May she rest in peace.

waterintobeer 21-09-2015 20:23

Jackie Collins Existential Question Time

Time for Jackie Collins Existential Question Time: If a married man f***s a pig, and his wife dies without knowing, does it make him a bestialist?

Suicide Aldi 22-09-2015 07:29

Yes

NasalScarecrow 22-09-2015 13:31

Remember when Nicky said You Love Us, Masses Against the Classes and Let's Go to War are a trilogy? That was a good laugh.

Frozendiva 24-09-2015 21:20

I wonder if the dude(tte) who keeps rounding up the Manics Velindre fundraising total will be back soon to take care of the 11 cent total.

UEF 28-09-2015 12:40

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/cps...angermouse.jpg

Is it just me, or.... :o