Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

mishima 12-05-2019 13:31

From the setlist in the preview video, it looks as though they are going with Prologue over Nobody Loved you.

LA ex 12-05-2019 17:24

There's setlists being revealed BEFORE they've played a gig on the tour? How on earth am I meant to stay spoiler free against those kinds of odds?

Lee 12-05-2019 18:41

It was just a list of the TIMT songs that they were rehearsing, not full setlists being posted up.

However, Kieran Evans said that they’ve been rehearsing some very rare stuff for the second half. Looking forward to seeing that.

starfucker 13-05-2019 20:41

I don't know if this is the kind of thing that is right for this thread but, here goes... I'm currently in the process of moving house and yesterday I charged up a really old phone just to see what was on it and found the number of someone I met and exchanged addresses with outside Wembley Arena in 1998 for the original Truth tour. We used to write to each other now and again before the internet was inside everyone's pockets. We were both staunch luddites and she had zero online presence so we haven't been in touch since about 2003 ish.

Anyway, I texted the number to see if she was still on the same number and she was. She replied and could not believe that I'd got in touch. Thank you Manics. I would never have met her if we hadn't both been standing next to each other in the queue outside a Manics gig x

Son of Stopped 21-05-2019 15:44

See if I make a thread called "Manics Splitting?" It would cause no end of misunderstanding and generate a self fulfilling prophecy.
But... Two things

Firstly ages ago Sean shared something on Facebook about it being a sad year for Nerds with Star Wars and something else something Marvel related and Game of Thrones finishing. (My query but the Manics have got more albums in them, right?," went unanswered)

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?

I suppose the recording studio will always pay for itself anyway...
Has there been any "See you next year!" From James at end of gigs? What did he say at the end of the shows you've seen? WHAT DID HE SAY?!! Ahhd just press post

Son of Stopped 21-05-2019 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfucker (Post 2678874)
I don't know if this is the kind of thing that is right for this thread but, here goes... I'm currently in the process of moving house and yesterday I charged up a really old phone just to see what was on it and found the number of someone I met and exchanged addresses with outside Wembley Arena in 1998 for the original Truth tour. We used to write to each other now and again before the internet was inside everyone's pockets. We were both staunch luddites and she had zero online presence so we haven't been in touch since about 2003 ish.

Anyway, I texted the number to see if she was still on the same number and she was. She replied and could not believe that I'd got in touch. Thank you Manics. I would never have met her if we hadn't both been standing next to each other in the queue outside a Manics gig x

That's a beautiful chain of events!

Suicide Aldi 21-05-2019 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2679045)
See if I make a thread called "Manics Splitting?" It would cause no end of misunderstanding and generate a self fulfilling prophecy.
But... Two things

Firstly ages ago Sean shared something on Facebook about it being a sad year for Nerds with Star Wars and something else something Marvel related and Game of Thrones finishing. (My query but the Manics have got more albums in them, right?," went unanswered)

Second clue is the Let It Be album cover stitched as a patch on Nicky's jacket. Although that album was their penultimate chronologically, are we getting Abbey Road as envisioned by the Manics?

Has there been any "See you next year!" From James at end of gigs? What did he say at the end of the shows you've seen? WHAT DID HE SAY?!! Ahhd just press post

So far, off the top of my head the manics have been splitting up in
And now 2019

Son of Stopped 21-05-2019 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi (Post 2679047)
So far, off the top of my head the manics have been splitting up in
And now 2019

Ah! Normal service then! That would have been a short thread.

LA ex 21-05-2019 18:59

I can't remember hearing a see you next year or at Christmas at the end at Manchester. It could just be that with plenty scheduled already (Bon Jovi support, some random festival dates, Cardiff castle) they felt that saying you on a not announced tour seemed a little fake with all that still lined up.

hummingbird 21-05-2019 23:08

Quote:

But... Two things

The Let it Be patch might just be a reference to the song.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me

Nicky lost his mum last year so.......

Keep the theories coming tho :)

Porco 22-05-2019 04:37

Quote:

something else something Marvel related

This made me laugh to a disproportionate degree.

Yes, I believe they had a little arthouse project released in some of the larger cinematic venues. :lol:

raven 22-05-2019 20:12

Quote:

But... Two things

May your God be with you...says that a lot...did he say that recently? I don't know, depends whether he's been on the Dave Allen DVD's...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2679059)
The Let it Be patch might just be a reference to the song.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me
And in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me

Nicky lost his mum last year so.......

Keep the theories coming tho :)

Ah, I was just thinking exactly that as I scrolled down the thread. Could make you cry a little, that and this bottle of wine

Abstract Unknown Girl 22-05-2019 21:23

James has just been saying have a nice summer/may your gods be with you etc. at the end of the gigs I've been at on this tour so far. I wouldn't take that to mean anything though. They've only recently got a joint mortgage out on a new studio, so I can't imagine they would have made such a big financial commitment together if they weren't going to be using the studio themselves.

Also, when they did the Absolute Radio anniversary gig last year, James mentioned wanting to have "stockpiled" three new Manics songs in the studio by Christmas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=0n6OK-Ch5Rc (it's in the last couple of minutes of the interview). He also mentions working on a soundtrack and a documentary, so I guess he's been busy with other things as well.

Tim 27-05-2019 20:05

It's been very pleasing to see be natural getting some love on this tour,
it's always been an underrated gem for me so i feel a bit of vindication!

LA ex 28-05-2019 08:01

Quote:

I noticed last night in York that the Let it Be Album wasn't present on Nicky's jacket anymore (he actually changed jackets during Born a Girl, wearing the Wire one for the second half of the show). Hopefully that means a change of heart about splitting!