Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

sculptureofabloke 03-12-2011 10:14

I'm going to spend the rest of the morning listening to b-sides and reading In The Beginning by Jenny Watkins-Isnardi. Does this count more as a rites of passage or a breakdown?


EDIT: My fucking god this is awful. I heard it was shit, thought I might be able to laugh at how bad it is but fuck me... I will get through this. I will not give up and I will not give in, or summat.

sculptureofabloke 03-12-2011 14:51

:up: Scratch that, it was too shit.

Listening to The Love Of Richard Nixon. I still hear "the best years never found you" as "the bastards never found you". I suppose it'd kinda fit. Makes more sense than "I am idiot drug hive" or "tiny massive hands" anyway.

cricri 03-12-2011 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2395489)
I'm going to spend the rest of the morning listening to b-sides and reading In The Beginning by Jenny Watkins-Isnardi. Does this count more as a rites of passage or a breakdown?


EDIT: My fucking god this is awful. I heard it was shit, thought I might be able to laugh at how bad it is but fuck me... I will get through this. I will not give up and I will not give in, or summat.

What is this book actually about?
I had to google that, but Amazon isn't very helpful and reviews on that page are quite mixed

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-Li.../dp/1857823788

aivil 03-12-2011 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricri (Post 2395554)
What is this book actually about?
I had to google that, but Amazon isn't very helpful and reviews on that page are quite mixed
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-Li.../dp/1857823788

http://www.smileygarden.de/smilie/Sc...e_girl_117.gif make your own opinion

My life with the Manics

Cool James was Kylie's number one fan

Nick loved dressing up in his mother's flowery blouses

Moment Richey became a Manic

Heart2Heart 03-12-2011 16:19

Hard to take it seriously when it sounds like bad fanfiction. A bit confused about the writing style. Is this woman writing it or was she interviewed and the answers patched together to make a book?

Deets 03-12-2011 17:45

Cricri, just ignore this, because she's on the hate shelf of everybody. just like that Angie Kruger, Jenny Watkins-Isnardi is just another little fucker who wants to earn some money on Manics popularity.

cricri 03-12-2011 18:23

Thanks both. I read the first paragraph of the first link and I was like ''Why am I in the fanfic section?'' but then I realised it was an extract from the book. What a backstabbing whore! Also, being able to type doesn't make you a writer...gosh, I wrote better essays when I was 12!

sculptureofabloke 04-12-2011 09:52

Going by what I'd read people saying about it I thought I'd be able to laugh at how bad it is but I'm only cringing. It's just weird that it was published in 2000 yet she's trying to pull off passages of conversation that you just wouldn't remember from 13 years ago. I'm only three chapters in but so far she's been on a bus, she's sung Son Of A Preacher Man down the phone to Nicky and the police turned up at her house cos her best mate was a dirty stop out for a couple of nights. I think we're supposed to think omg she's so like Richey. Oh and she had a pint with James and tries to make him out to be a bit of a wanker and accuses him of puttin socks down the front of his trousers.

Aye, best way of puttin it is fanfic. No doubt there's much better in appreciation though...

Futurologist 04-12-2011 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2396026)
Going by what I'd read people saying about it I thought I'd be able to laugh at how bad it is but I'm only cringing. It's just weird that it was published in 2000 yet she's trying to pull off passages of conversation that you just wouldn't remember from 13 years ago. I'm only three chapters in but so far she's been on a bus, she's sung Son Of A Preacher Man down the phone to Nicky and the police turned up at her house cos her best mate was a dirty stop out for a couple of nights. I think we're supposed to think omg she's so like Richey. Oh and she had a pint with James and tries to make him out to be a bit of a wanker and accuses him of puttin socks down the front of his trousers.

Aye, best way of puttin it is fanfic. No doubt there's much better in appreciation though...

Now I wanna read just for the :lol:

cricri 04-12-2011 16:11

She's just bitter because Nicky didn't marry her :nod:

Deets 04-12-2011 17:59

I've found the old fake setlist for JFPL :lol: oh that excitement and shock when it appeared

Peeled Apples
Facing Page Top Left
William's Last Words
French Revolt
Suicide in Soho
Baudelaire
Me And Stephen Hawking
Journal For Plague Lovers
Day of Postam

sculptureofabloke 04-12-2011 18:05

Ha, I remember seeing that and thinking "Facing Page Top Left", "Me And Stephen Hawking" and "William's Last Words"? Nah, bollocks titles, they'll never use them...

mafiamonroe 04-12-2011 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2396026)
Going by what I'd read people saying about it I thought I'd be able to laugh at how bad it is but I'm only cringing. It's just weird that it was published in 2000 yet she's trying to pull off passages of conversation that you just wouldn't remember from 13 years ago. I'm only three chapters in but so far she's been on a bus, she's sung Son Of A Preacher Man down the phone to Nicky and the police turned up at her house cos her best mate was a dirty stop out for a couple of nights. I think we're supposed to think omg she's so like Richey. Oh and she had a pint with James and tries to make him out to be a bit of a wanker and accuses him of puttin socks down the front of his trousers.

Aye, best way of puttin it is fanfic. No doubt there's much better in appreciation though...

On eof many silly moments in that book is when she describes the look in a dogs eye despite the fact that she wasn't there at the time!

The Gutless Wonder 04-12-2011 22:25

Was an amusing read at the time, even if as Rich says it's more or less a fanfic! :lol:

Flint 05-12-2011 09:30

Had a brief Manics appearance in my dream last night; Nicky had announced a new solo album and apparently it was going to be synthpop.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.