Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

hummingbird 17-09-2013 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzb (Post 2561328)
Not at all, they're shit but they're eminently ignorable.

no i've tried. Really I have.

raven 17-09-2013 21:28

Must remember to get new album

Mr Richey 17-09-2013 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzb (Post 2561320)
Can we all just take a minute to appreciate the music of SYMM? The weird, frosty-morning sweeps of the verse, the chasms which open up in the bridge, the reverse drums of the fill into the chorus, and that glorious laconic solo, stretching out into the morning air and soaring away on the last wave of late brit-pop elegance.

I completely agree. What I don't agree with, and never will, is that the lyrics are shit. It's a song about being so angry about something that you're lost for words and it executes that idea perfectly. I love SYMM.

Porco 17-09-2013 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2561379)
I completely agree. What I don't agree with, and never will, is that the lyrics are shit. It's a song about being so angry about something that you're lost for words and it executes that idea perfectly. I love SYMM.

My now-almost-obligatory SYMM response post…

http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...1&postcount=52

hummingbird 17-09-2013 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2561408)
My now-almost-obligatory SYMM response post…

http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...1&postcount=52

Nicky Wire has nothing to say all of a sudden? NICKY WIRE? Really?! Isn't this the same Nicky Wire with the reputation for shooting his mouth off at any available opportunity about any subject under the sun?!

this is exactly my problem with it. It bothered me a lot more in 98 after all the hype over it. Huge letdown. HUGE.

The Gutless Wonder 18-09-2013 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzb (Post 2560516)
Listened to SATT for the first time in maybe 3 years today, for all the pomp and bluster it's still just such a thoroughly enjoyable record. Really really enjoyed hearing those songs again, even Underdogs.

The slow creep back to fandom continues apace...

First SATT, then Postcards! ;)

The Gutless Wonder 18-09-2013 06:00

Quote:

Love SYMM too and have never had a problem with the lyrics!

The Gutless Wonder 18-09-2013 06:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 2561377)
Must remember to get new album

Now come on Raven! You don't want to be like me and still albumless by the end of the week! :lol: (Hoping Amazon can get it out to me sooner!)

Being naughty and not using multi-quote again, soz!

David27 18-09-2013 08:30

Does anyone know if the manics will be on Later with Jools Holland soon? Just realised there was a new series.

tzb 18-09-2013 09:02

I certainly hope so, I thought I'd remembered them play every album on there since EMG but I've just checked and neither KYE or SATT made it onto the show, so we'll have to see.

Just managed to get the listing for next week, "Pixies, Janelle Monae, Tony Joe White, Chvrches, Barrence Whitfield, Savages". Sounds like a good one but no Manics...

The Gutless Wonder 18-09-2013 12:30

Show Me The Wonder and Rewind The Film are both firmly stuck in my brain. Now for the rest of the album! Hurry up Amazon!

UEF 18-09-2013 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by franny (Post 2560658)
Wayne's vocals have been turned up this tour. Take that as you will.

I maintain the best Manics live sound was the circa EMG-KYE one, with one guitar (on wireless, making it sound extra crispy), one vocal and a bit of wobbly keyboard in the background to fill in the gaps.

The new 'full band' sounds too relaxed to me, I like the sound of a struggle to fill the gaps.

raven 18-09-2013 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2561452)
Now come on Raven! You don't want to be like me and still albumless by the end of the week! :lol: (Hoping Amazon can get it out to me sooner!)

We're going to be the second week sales boost .... stop them disappearing out the chart after one week.....which seems to be the way these days, less Nicky's got a place booked on X Factor (with the rest of the band too, yes.....yes doing a Manic song....not a cover of Shirley Bassey and a dog dancing along....looking for a new direction)

Quote:

It sounds like they're unsure, they have the accusation of mass murder and verses that seem in contrast directionless and unsure.....although

The ending for this song
Well I haven't really thought of one
There's nothing I could ever say
That could really take the pain away

is a fair description of the sheer length of time it's taking to move towards any chance of some actual accountability being taken, of some arrests, of some justice and conclusions. Feels like they'll drag out the inquiry until anyone who could possibly face charges is dead or too ill to face a trial .... how does all this help the families....but anyway, more random thoughts

Deets 18-09-2013 23:24

As I'm having this rule where I don't download the leak (with the exception for William's Last Words, okay?) and I only listen to the songs on the radio until I get the cd, I still haven't heard full album, because stupid mail still hasn't delivered it to me. Oh so I live in the wild land, but I am so annoyed!

mar 19-09-2013 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2561849)
As I'm having this rule where I don't download the leak (with the exception for William's Last Words, okay?) and I only listen to the songs on the radio until I get the cd, I still haven't heard full album, because stupid mail still hasn't delivered it to me. Oh so I live in the wild land, but I am so annoyed!

There's a CD race right now through Europe. None has got to Italy, Spain or Germany. I guess not to France either... Who will win?