Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Frozendiva 20-09-2015 03:23

RIP Jackie Collins.

Automatik 20-09-2015 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoMoney MoJunk (Post 2651082)
Never heard some of the Lifeblood demos that are on Youtube before! Solitude Sometimes Is in particular is very good. They're not very different, but still worth a listen if you've never heard them before.

That is good. One abiding criticism I have of Lifeblood is that the production sounds rather tinny and weak at times (a la the Stone Roses' debut album). The demos sound much meatier.

Thanks for the find.

Porco 20-09-2015 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozendiva (Post 2651091)
RIP Jackie Collins.

Indeed. RIP.

What is slightly bizarre, perhaps especially for us Manics fans, is apparently she secretly found out she had cancer over six years ago, which would put it right about the time Jackie Collins' Existential Question Time was released to the public. Which is kind of grimly ironic, having a song called that, as she must have been questioning the existential herself at the time. Obviously if it was a secret the band couldn't have known, just another one of those weird cosmic coincidences.

MoMoney MoJunk 20-09-2015 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik (Post 2651101)
That is good. One abiding criticism I have of Lifeblood is that the production sounds rather tinny and weak at times (a la the Stone Roses' debut album). The demos sound much meatier.

Thanks for the find.

:)

Dac X Lee 21-09-2015 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozendiva (Post 2651091)
RIP Jackie Collins.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2651104)
Indeed. RIP.

What is slightly bizarre, perhaps especially for us Manics fans, is apparently she secretly found out she had cancer over six years ago, which would put it right about the time Jackie Collins' Existential Question Time was released to the public. Which is kind of grimly ironic, having a song called that, as she must have been questioning the existential herself at the time. Obviously if it was a secret the band couldn't have known, just another one of those weird cosmic coincidences.

Oh my, I'd freak out if I were her. :P
May she rest in peace.

waterintobeer 21-09-2015 20:23

Jackie Collins Existential Question Time

Time for Jackie Collins Existential Question Time: If a married man f***s a pig, and his wife dies without knowing, does it make him a bestialist?

Suicide Aldi 22-09-2015 07:29

Yes

Frozendiva 24-09-2015 21:20

I wonder if the dude(tte) who keeps rounding up the Manics Velindre fundraising total will be back soon to take care of the 11 cent total.

UEF 28-09-2015 12:40

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/410/cps...angermouse.jpg

Is it just me, or.... :o

Strawberry 28-09-2015 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2651297)

No, the resemblance has been commented on before.

Deets 30-09-2015 18:28

James must have been lying in No Manifesto when he said he doesn't like The Beatles. Well I've always known Wire is not a person to trust but I haven't seen that one coming from JDB. And Sean has got guns. And Richey disappeared.

I AM HAVING SERIOUS TRUST ISSUES RN

Son of Stopped 30-09-2015 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2651366)
James must have been lying in No Manifesto when he said he doesn't like The Beatles. Well I've always known Wire is not a person to trust but I haven't seen that one coming from JDB. And Sean has got guns. And Richey disappeared.

I don't even think they laughed when Lennon were shot and as far as I can find out, none of them designed or built any buildings to justify being called an architect.
They may as well have sang "I lost the international rights to Barney the Dinosaur"! :p

Son of Stopped 30-09-2015 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2651366)
James must have been lying in No Manifesto when he said he doesn't like The Beatles.

Tch, it's not even the real McCartney! :twisted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9_qN64S4s

GBF of my BFF's New Girlfriend: Aaron, what the fuck do you watch to relax? This is making me go white and I haven't smoked anything!

UEF 01-10-2015 12:59

I'm pretty sure James doesn't like The Beatles, he always pulled a face when Nicky said SATT (?) would sound like Abbey Road etc. Which is weird, if anythind I'd expect James and Nicky to be the other way round.

Dac X Lee 02-10-2015 06:13

If James really doesn't like The Beatles, then I hope he doesn't see the interview for Korean MTV that my friend showed me, where, while he can clearly be heard saying "Sex Pistols", when talking of their music influences, the subtitles said "Beatles".

Facepalm! Not only unneeded censorship, but it's also not such an innocent one... And James would be mad too.