Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TRUTH & MEMORY (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62974)

manicboy 09-02-2019 05:55

TRUTH & MEMORY

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can watch/download in the US?

Velocitygirl 09-02-2019 14:34

I take it the YouTube video is blocked over in the US? Otherwise, I've no idea how you can access it. Other than a VPN to get around any YouTube block, which might be a bit of a hassle for you. Sorry.

youloveu.s 09-02-2019 20:19

You can download an app called NORDVPN. It is very easy to use and offer a free trial program if never used before. It worked out well, I've seen the documentary a few times now.

Marat Sar 12-02-2019 16:29

hey, so out of nowhere question -- there was another doc around the EMG anniversary tour, that people said was really good. about richie's disappearance and EMG and so on. I couldn't watch it because I wasn't living in England yet, but now I've got access to stuff like sky tv. So -- what was it called? Link?

Any help much appreciated.

Bryter Layter 13-02-2019 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marat Sar (Post 2677603)
hey, so out of nowhere question -- there was another doc around the EMG anniversary tour, that people said was really good. about richie's disappearance and EMG and so on. I couldn't watch it because I wasn't living in England yet, but now I've got access to stuff like sky tv. So -- what was it called? Link?

Any help much appreciated.

It’s called “Escape from History” and it came in the 20th anniversary EMG box set. I’m in Canada and the doc isn’t available on YT here otherwise I’d link to it. All the docs Kieran Evans has done for the band are quite good. :)

IntlDebris 13-02-2019 11:08

Nah, there was a different version made for Sky Arts (I think?) called Freed From Memory. I'm yet to work out what the difference between the two films is as nobody seems willing to talk about it hah.

Marat Sar 13-02-2019 11:29

Everyone on twitter was going on about what a massive fan moment it was for them to watch it and so on. Now it's vanished into thin air it seems. "On Sky Arts" seems about right, yeah.

Bryter Layter 13-02-2019 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2677615)
Nah, there was a different version made for Sky Arts (I think?) called Freed From Memory. I'm yet to work out what the difference between the two films is as nobody seems willing to talk about it hah.

I could very well be wrong so apologies if I am, but I think it might be the other way around. The one in the EMG 20 box set is 'Freed from Memories' (that's what mine is called at least) and the doc that aired on Sky over there was called Manic Street Preachers: Escape From History. No idea what the difference is as I've only seen about 6 or 7 minutes of the Escape from History doc.

Marat Sar 13-02-2019 22:49

Oh yeash

Routine Builder 16-02-2019 13:02

Make 18 more posts and find out

hummingbird 16-02-2019 13:19

But don't spam post :good:

Routine Builder 16-02-2019 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2677668)
But don't spam post :good:

This forum would be lucky if someone spam posted, I think IntlDebris is our last registered member who still actively posts...

hummingbird 16-02-2019 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2677669)
This forum would be lucky if someone spam posted, I think IntlDebris is our last registered member who still actively posts...

True!