View Single Post
Old 18-04-2018, 09:22
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
I can't work out if I love or hate Vivian. It's a bit 'Turning Japanese'.

Great album - it's the best out of the triumvirate of SATT, PFAYM and RIF. And a big banker for the band, so we'll no doubt see PFAYM3 soon
I don't know if we're going to be looking at PFAYM3 you know.. My biggest disappointments from this album is there doesn't seem to be much fire in there, it's quite tame. I mean I love their more introspective and tender moments, This Is My Truth is probably my joint second favourite behind Holy Bible...

I don't know what I was expecting really, was hoping for it to be more defiant than resigned but suppose that's just life. People get tired, people get old eh. I dunno though... Alright, I've got no more idea what it's like growing up in the valleys in the 80s than they have the struggles people face today and alright I was 9 in 92 but feel like there must be more fucked up shit in the world to get pissed off about today than there was then. Maybe it's just a primacy/recency thing, and the fact I was 9..

I do take encouragement from a few things. They've got form for reacting against themselves anyway so wouldn't expect the next album to be in a similar vein to this. Read a bit the other day about Wire waxing lyrical about Stormzy's performance at the Brits and even though what I've heard of his music isn't my thing, I loved the passion and energy of it and if that's going to inspire Nicky I think that's got to be a good thing. Then there was the Absolute Radio thing with James doing Garageland - the lad looked absolutely in his fucking element, still got the punk in him, maybe it'll come out next time.