View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 18:20
Bored of being bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregRoss View Post
If Richey is alive, which I doubt, he clearly doesn’t want anyone to bother him. So why look for him? Give him the respect he deserves (yes, I know that was not a compliment in Archives of Pain but I mean it as one here).

I understand his sister is still distraught and having recently lost both her parents she probably feels even more alone in the world.

I would love for him to be alive and hopefully happy.

But if he alive is it’s up to him to come forward.
My sentiments exactly.

Over the years, with all the things said about the subject of Richey disappearing like he did, I reached this conclusion:

After The Holy Bible and everything he was going through personally that year, he knew that he had to change something. That meant in his mind, perhaps leaving EVERYTHING behind.

To Richey, just leaving the Manic Street Preachers wouldn't have been enough. He'd then just be an ex-rock star, while his friends may have carried on. Imagine him hanging around Cardiff, with the Manic Street Preachers carrying on without him. It would be a constant reminder of that darkness he went though and was still going through.

So yeah, maybe he thought that leaving the band was never going to be enough and he had to make a total break from everything. He hasn't been found because when he went, he didn't want to be found. If someone found him, they'd want him to come back home and he would be back to square one.

That would a hard pill for those around him back then (the band, and his family) to swallow, but I don't know. I'm obviously not him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Honestly, I'd prefer a release of Richey's 'Opulence' folder over another 'tragic icon' fake biography by a would be author with too little imagine to have an original idea. I imagine there's reams and reams of unreleased material that would tell us more about Richey the artist.
Yeah, a "scrapbook" of sorts, scans of his writings, without context or any kind of emphasis on anything, left for people to read would be an interesting document of the kind of writer he was, the "poet" he's often been described as by his former bandmates.