View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 10:47
Stretched out in the sun

It’s been a while since I last visited this thread as I’ve been busy with IRL stuff, but thank you to everyone - particularly Sofa - who has taken the time to dip into this hateful book and give us the confirmation that it is, indeed, a hit piece against the boys. The more I read of what you guys have posted, the more infuriated I’ve become. This is not someone trying to take back Richey Edwards and his legacy and present us with the reality of the man; this is someone attempting to reshape the existing myth to better suit their own narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
Wasn't it Barbara Ellen (from Meloday Maker) who took Richey to task about the Bankok prostitute? I have that interview somewhere, it was reproduced in a commemmorative issue of the magazine.

Edit: It was Barbara Ellen but it was NME. Here's some scans: http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/msp..._28th_May_1994
One random observation: why does the author refer to Rob Stringer as “the living embodiment of capitalist evil”? That’s a bit fucking strong, don’t you think?