Thread: So, what's next
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2019, 08:13
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA ex View Post
I've always wanted them to do a no-singles show/tour. Will never happen but a man can dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free View Post
I'd genuinely pay £100 to go to a gig like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac X Lee View Post
A b-sides tour titled: Lost Beside ♥
That'd be amazing. Or even a set that's at least half non-singles. Album gigs aside, fuck knows when the last time that was, generally lucky to get more than a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
I'd just be happy if they played 9-10 songs off the album they were promoting. In the last five years we've seen three 20 year old albums get more coverage than the three new ones they released.

I was listening to an interview with James from last year where he states that the newer material (particular Futurology and RTF) just doesn't sit well on a setlist with the cornerstone classics. They never fucking will if you don't play them. I would have happily gone to a gig on the RiF tour if they hadn't played only four the weaker stuff off the album + 17 tracks they play at every gig.
Wonder if the half of RIF that hasn't been touched yet ever will be. Still a bit baffled by that Futurology UK tour, I don't know if it was a case of them ancitipating having the album done by then and touring it properly and just down to bad planning, or whether that was how it was planned all along. Testing the waters again for Holy Bible stuff. So on that tour we only got Futurology and Europa, then Brixton got Let's Go To War. Since then, between the Rough Trade launch, that James solo Brickworks thing and the Holy Bible tours there've been 8/12 tracks from the album performed live. Wonder if owt else from RIF is gonna get a belated look in, or whether it's only ever gonna be International Blue.