View Single Post
Old 17-05-2019, 10:19
I am purity, they call me perverted

Biggest disappointment to me was the mix. Maybe i'm being overly sensitive but it ruined the album run through for me. I could understand having the extra musicians on for certain songs that needed them, that would benefit but having them on for every song was just stupid and the worst of it was the mix....jesus, for the first half the backing guitarists and even sometimes vocalist were higher than James in the mix.... overall a very disappointing gig but Sleepflower in particularand the second half did salvage some of it.

When KYE came out and the lads went on their usual criticism of their last album James said something about seeing footage of himself singing the everlasting towards the end of the tour and that he was disgusted because he could see from his facial expressions and mannerisms that he was faking emotions 'acting the part' of a singer singing an important song, going through the motions, making faces to appear like there was still passion behind his actions.

The album run through was 90% like that and he only seemed to come alive for the second half.