View Single Post
Old 17-01-2018, 09:36
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEF View Post
They almost never talk about current politics. Always wait 50 years then go, "well I know what you should've done!"
Ah they're not that far off the pulse! Probably more now than they were, mind... Suppose typically it's been more apparent in interviews but stuff like Ifwhiteamerica, SYMM, Baby Elian, Golden Platitudes, 30 Year War have been quite relevant at the time. Just find it a bit frustrating, Wire's always had this reputation of being outspoken acid tongue bloke, there's probably more to be pissed off about now than there was in 1992. Summat like Grenfell in particular, would've thought that'd be summat that'd peak the band's interest, that they'd have something to say about it. I mean, how political can it get, a load of poor people dying in an inferno overlooked by millionaires, under a council that wouldn't spend money on sprinklers.. it's the 30 Year War in action.

Still, Wire will probably be slagging off Reef soon or some other Shine compilation band that nobody's given a shit about for 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
I am expecting the least political album they've done. But then, do people still need songs like that?
After propaganda revealed about frequencies and studio trickery and subconscious triggering is the answer to look for more propaganda?

And by typing that I realise this album could be their most dateless both in time and social activity!

Memberberry Street Preachers!
Could well be. Still, not read many clues on the content matter besides these titles. As a title, Resistance Is Futile.. eh could be surrender or defiance, death or glory. Maybe that's where they feel they are at the moment, who knows. Whichever way, it's a powerful title. Fuck knows what to expect..