Thread: Distant Colours
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2018, 19:37
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlasting View Post
Nice big choruses. Dull video again apart from seeing the band playing. Hope there's some more gritty stuff on the album. I reckon that'll be it now for singles, so that's the summary basically for the album, two poppy shiny tracks that are pretty decent but nothing amazing. I think IB is better than this, but then I've obviously listened to it more than this. Good stuff, though, but doubt it'll push any sales or get air play, etc
Nah, there'll be at least one more single, maybe a week before the album? Nick said the reason International Blue was released so early is because they had so many songs they wanted to be singles (I doubt that is the reason - Plan B did the same with the first single from his new album, it seems like a new release strategy). So I doubt by that he meant 'one more'.

These days putting a song out for the radio and online video channels is much more important than actually selling them in terms of singles - see Rewind The Film, Manorbier and Europa Geht Durch Mich which all had videos of sorts but weren't actually 'singles'. So I'm pretty sure there'll be at least two more songs released with videos, even if not to actually be bought separately - although I always welcome E.P.s, even digital-only ones!