Thread: Rate Futurology
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 08:23
Bored of being bored

Futurology was my way back in to loving the Manics (or at least the beginning of it). I really didn't like PFAYM or RTF, but finally they were making interesting, exciting music again. I love so many of the tracks - if I were a singer and were given the chance to duet with the Manics, I'd pick "Europa Geht Durch Mich" in a heartbeat over "Little Baby Nothing". "Let's Go To War" is such a breath of fresh air and "Dreaming A City" is the greatest 80s detective drama theme tune that never was - there's nothing better than striding the streets of London with that on your headphones.

Unfortunately I went to the Rough Trade East gig and signing on release day, and that put me off the Manics again for another couple of years, as they made me stand like an idiot in front of them for minutes on end while they held a conversation with someone else (not another fan, some mate of theirs behind the desk). So I ended up skipping the THB tour and only really became a fan again properly with the EMG one. But it might not have happened at all without Futurology, so I love the album for that!