View Single Post
Old 26-01-2019, 21:54
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryter Layter View Post
I used to think that this disconnect (nice word for “can’t stand”) was a rumour too, but over the years, it’s become fairly evident that his sister doesn’t particularly like them.
I'll raise you to obvious she's not particularly fond of band members. I think it was around the time she was asking for information about Picturesque and seemed pissed off because they'd used her brother's lyrics and she didn't know. I sensed "quietly seething".

I might be having false memory syndrome here, but somewhere in the archives (old interviews) didn't Rachel say she thought they treated Richey shabbily when he wasn't well? I know his illness took it's toll on the band and I can understand that from both sides - Richey trying to be a part of the band when his mind was elsewhere and the band being relatively young and not knowing how to deal with mental illness.

I do think that Richey was kind of getting his shit together towards the end which has always made me think that maybe he just did decide to sod off because pretending to play a guitar night after night isn't something I'd imagine (only imagine) Richey would want to do when he had other interests. Speculation really gets us nowhere though.

It's an endless nightmare for his sister and her church, resentment, the urge to keep looking for clues is the thing that's keeping her together?

?

It's cute to see some of Richey's things. I can't afford to spend £20 on a book, but I'll camp out at Waterstones and read it with an open mind (filtering out the hairdresser lady and other suspect information). When someone's not around any more it's good to see new old photos etc. Same kind of thing with Cobain...

To end my wall of text, it's quite easy to interpret things into Richey's actions, choice of books he gave as gifts, tattoos, as others have said. I thought of one myself concerning the Circle of Hell tattoo, a really detailed theory, but that's all it is. And, yeah, it's bullshit really.