View Single Post
Old 14-05-2018, 11:08
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnleybassman View Post
If (and this is a big IF!) they do another tour later this year, then I can see them dropping in a few more cuts from Truth into the set like they did with SATT10. If what we have been lead to believe is true, then following the release of the anniversary version, I can see them doing a tour around winter hopefully in Manchester Apollo sized venues.
If that's what does end up happening, I can't help but feel that it's a bit back to front. They're just not an arena band anymore. Course, This Is My Truth was a huge album and I love it, and they'd already been propelled to arenas by the time that came out. I'm not sure how well received it is beyond us obsessives these days... Everything Must Go still had enough demand and appeal for the arenas a couple of years ago, but I'm not sure about This Is My Truth. I think I've probably been in about two charity shops without seeing a copy in the last 20 years, genuinely have no idea where it sits with the general gig-going public these days. Yeah, it was big in 98 and 99, but after Everything Must Go I reckon anything they put out would've been, no matter what. Think it's a much weirder, unlikely hit of an album that people give it credit for.