View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 19:46
I live to fall asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessSenseOfVoid View Post
Interestingly, I've read somewhere that record labels pay bands to get them on the support slot unless the headlining act asks for them personally (for example £100k to support Take That, apparently). I don't know if that applies to the Manics in this instance because they're so established now and Bon Jovi (or their management) should be aware of them.

Now, let's say they did get paid - 10% of the profits on a 90,000 capacity gig vs (for arguments sake) 90% on a 4,000 capacity gig. Obviously the first figure would generate more money but I have no idea how this works so I am just speculating! I don't think anyone will know for certain unless you are from their inner circle.
I'm pretty sure they would be invited at a management level for these types of gigs. They probably would just get a set sum rather than a percentage of ticket sales as I guess they are there to fill time rather than attract anyone. I'm sure the helping hands in the band get a set session amount and then the band gets their pay. They must get a tidy amount they are happy with because there really is no other special reason to do it.