View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 10:23
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routine Builder View Post
Anything in particular worth pointing out?
Tonnes. Sorry, I’m struggling to process it all. It’s terribly written, constantly self- as well as band-contradictory, gives huge weight to questionable sources and ideas, picks and chooses what to include/focus on/interpret with astonishing blinkeredness, exposes Richey in deeply troubling and unnecessary ways, and throws everyone and everything under the bus in the name of him and his family.

It’s very hard to work out what might be genuine anecdote or insight from poor writing and narrative intrusion, and takes from sources who may have agendas, will of course have prejudices (everyone does), are recalling things that happened decades ago, were young/possibly being manipulated at the time, are being granted undue gravitas, are confused in their recollections, etc etc etc.

It has several very obvious agendas and ignores any evidence it throws up that doesn’t suit them - and that’s just the evidence they clearly didn’t realise worked against them and didn’t cut out. So much the band is accused of, this project has actually done itself. It is not humanising or reclaiming, it’s exploitative and forcing a story like a straight jacket, destroying the person in the process.

The band essentially can’t do anything right, Nicky especially. Everything they say and do is twisted against them or made out to be untrue for no goddamn reason. They used Richey up when he was around, didn’t do enough for him, haven’t done enough to find him since, capitalise off him endlessly and just don’t give a fuck, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
This is really sad. I'm upset for Nicky now. I have been angry over it but now it's turning to sadness.
Nicky especially has been close to tears publicly and was devastated by Richey leaving.
Is there a picture of the toll ticket in the book?
I cannot tell you how angry and upset I am. That anyone would do this to him, to them, but that it would come from this source... I hope he somehow hasn’t seen it. I can only imagine it would absolutely break him, regardless of how strong he may be in his entirely correct convictions.

Yes, looks like the same picture we’ve seen online.

Last edited by sofarsideways; 26-02-2019 at 10:34.