View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 22:04
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke View Post
On the other hand, this all or nothing bullshit seems to have flooded into our culture. People need to get the hang of facts like, if you don't like red it doesn't mean you like blue, if you agree with one person on one thing it doesn't mean you agree with them on everything. Even the companies advertising in the Daily Mail, it doesn't mean they endorse everything in there. Guilt by association is all the rage these days, if you're not with us you're against us, why not use that shit in a positive way.
In essence, a majority of online conversation is driven by a small but very loud group of people with exceptionally narrow viewpoints (says someone on an internet forum.) But companies these days are genuinley scared of anything that might give them a downtick in sales, so they firefight each social media shitstorm.

Half of the stuff that comes from the ethical foghorns is just folks getting angry about the thing they happen to disagree with that day. These people are no fun down the pub I assure you. And I bet 98% of people who buy from the Co-op would still shop there if the advertised in the DM. They just want a Fair Trade broccoli at a decent price.

You can see why people like Stephen Fry etc get fed up with online virtue signalling and end up binning the whole thing off.