View Single Post
Old 25-11-2017, 23:04
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Stopped View Post
Manics drummer browbeaten by faceless pressure group into pulling an ad for their new album in the Daily Mail shock!!

http://www.nme.com/news/music/manic-...futile-2164400

Will Stop Funding Hate then go on to stop people funding extremist ideology both National and Islamic? The fuck they will!
All papers and most TV and alternative Internet stuff is bullshit anyway. If you believe a tenth of their shit you deserve everything you get.
And of course the group doesn't want censorship or the newspapers to be pulled from sale (Check the criticism entry on this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Funding_Hate) so... Just want certain bands and companies not to advertise in papers? But that's not sinister. The ends justify the means. Omelettes cannot be made without their integrity of their structure being compromised.

It's people like that which make me wish the UK had Ted Nugent type people.
As it is, let's welcome our new doublespeak! Resistance seriously is futile.
I don't see anything wrong or contradictory in a campaign that asks companies to think about where they pay to advertise especially where the companies purport to value ethical policies. Having said that and also understanding Sean's distaste I think such a paper is a perfect place to advertise the forthcoming album - their readers need to be converted...reach the masses against the classes
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson