View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 18:34
An imitation of dignity

I have to say I felt really embarrassed for the band yesterday at Oxegen. It was my 21st time seeing the guys and I honestly couldn't believe how poorly received they were by the audience. Their appearance was totally irrelevant, nobody cared and their half assed performance and James' vocal problems did very little to help them earn the crowd over.

Having said that, I do think it was a mistake on the part of MCD for putting them on the main stage, they didn't belong there particularly when the audience was made up of primarily of folks wanting to see Beyonce and Coldplay.

All in all I think the Manics will be licking their wounds after two hideous festival appearances this weekend which is sad to see, but the writing has been on the wall for them for quite a while in my opinion. It's one thing trudging through the same old songs every tour in front of their own fans who will inevitably put up with it, but when their apathy and lack of interest in their performance seeps into a festival audience and the likes of 'casual fan favourite' design for life barely musters a cheer from them then you know something is fundamentally wrong!