View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 11:16
I am purity, they call me perverted

I have now received a copy of the book. I was compelled to read it as it has been some huge topic here and I read all books on him anyway. Before I take any view to Richey appearing anti sematic, I thought he had written about the holocaust before. He and Nickey even wrote liner notes about each song in a newspaper ad. One of the band members said that visiting the concentration camps while on tour was so harrowing especially given the fact there were no sounds. During his last interview when he showed up in pajamas and shaved head that is what I actually thought he was doing...looking like a surviver. I hope I am right in seeing that Richey was so unwell that he was practically screaming to be noticed by looking like one in a concentration camp. I never thought he was being anti-semetic at all. Wasn't he a student of modern Germany and USRR study? I thought his demeanor was symbolic of his suffering? my own opinion.

James, the more cagey between what had happened with Richey than Nickey or Sean, told an interviewer on camera that when Richey went to hospital, it was for an attempted suicide which was a well documented fact... I have a pretty good memory but have yet to see the interview again. I know i think it was around JFPL. He was standing outside against a rail or something and the interviewer was off camera. I remember all this because James was furious when Price wrote insinuated this in his book. So When James did reveal this for the very first time I saw it, I came right to the forum to see if anyone was talking about it but found nothing.

I will have more to say once I read the book. take a firm stance on anyone blaming others for suicide's fault. Even if it is easier to place blame on someone, the manics did not force him to do whatever he did. especially given the fact that Richey was a 27 year old man.

Off my rant and will now start reading the book.

Last edited by vaiden; 30-03-2019 at 21:32. Reason: Terrible grammar and poorly written