Thread: So, what's next
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2019, 22:00
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkanddivine View Post
I've had 20 years of memories up til now, to the point that the band is basically like an old mate. The passion may not be what it was, but I'm always going to have that comfort blanket like feeling whenever I throw on their latest
I've always seen the Manics as being like the First Love Lost. Someone you don't want to date now because it's been twenty years without any contact and they are probably happy with a family, but you want to know they are doing well and every now and then a memory will be triggered of them and that time.

I don't really sit down and listen to the Manics anymore, but if a song of theirs comes on my Ipod shuffle, or if I see their name in print, it's almost Pavlovian that I am immediately interested. And after years of being disinterested in their output from about 2005 onwards, it was nice to listen to RTF and Futurology and hear something different and inventive and less 'safe'.

It would be nice to see them live again at least once more as well. Considering Manics gigs have been amongst my happiest memories, it would be nice to exorcise the bitter taste of Leeds Uni 2005 which was the last time I saw them - tired, bored and flavourless.