Thread: GATS reissue?
View Single Post
Old 16-10-2019, 09:58
Stretched out in the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkymotown View Post
Didn't we get a couple of GATS songs on this last tour too? (I say "we" - at my date in Japan it was GT heavy and bereft of GATS)

When I asked James about it a couple of months ago, he said it's all up to Wire, as he holds the archives and all the bits of information and things from the past. I bet it would be fascinating to trawl through Nick's band archive... reminds of that interview he did where he admitted to having 5 copies of Suicide Alley ("that's my pension!")

But I agree, GATS just gets rushed over. I mean, sure, it wasn't THB, it wasn't GT, but take away all that and it's still an album that's a damn sight better than a lot of bands' catalogues! I mean, there are still some great lyrics on it, some blistering guitar and drum work... come on lads, give us the demos!!!

And a good release of the B-sides! It'd be a good way to get hold of some of the rarer tracks from around then. I don't think it's so easy to get Are Mother Saints, Charles Windsor, Us Against You without going back and buying old singles...
Sleepflower, From Despair To Where and La Tristesse Durera in Manchester.

Gold Against The Soul was a fucking cracking era for b-sides and quite under-represented on Lipstick Traces. That could've been a triple album without the covers.

Eh, I dunno if it'd be commercially viable for em but we'd buy it eh.