View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 10:21
I am purity, they call me perverted

B Sides

Great thread; I am a massive b side fan also and have almost every original non-album b side bar the covers and remixes.

I honestly find the b side albums as good in some cases as the parent album. One of my favourites is the 15 track Postcards B-Sides album on my ipod; some bloody amazing tracks on it. The 12 B-Sides from RTF/Futurology is top class also. Litany (title of the Lifeblood era 12-track B-Sides album on the pod) came complete with the 2 disc Japanese version and I love it.

Half of their albums have album length B-Side collection; 10 tracks or more; and the other half have at least 5 or 6 tracks apiece, so quite a large alternate history there for this band. As an example, for a band making their 11th and 12th studio album with RTF and Futurology, complete with all b-sides they released 37 songs in total - and the fact that almost all are worthy and many are of top quality is an incredible feat in itself. Green Day by comparison, mentioned as they released the exact same number, 37, in 2013/2014, illustrates how top tier, musically,the Manics era was even 25 years into a career.