View Single Post
Old 20-02-2019, 22:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion View Post
If that's the case (and massive respect to the band if it is) then that money would be going where? Now he's legally dead would it go to Rachel? If so then maybe she shouldn't bite the hand that feeds her.
They write plenty of songs without him and don't owe him anything.

Personally I would be more than OK with them stopping payments after JFPL.

Precisely! While we all love Richey and admire his contribution to the band, they've existing for far longer without him than with him. They've paid him what he's owed in terms of royalties and, after that, they owe him precisely nothing. They don't even have to keep honouring him, or upholding his memory. They choose to do so and the fact that they do so in such a dignified and affectionate way is a credit to them. No cash-in book written by a spiteful, vindictive ex-fan will change my mind about that.

I remember SHR from the old official Manic Street Preachers forum, too. She was very abusive to people there and she just has not changed. At all. It's really quite sad to see she's still like this. Back then, she had youth on her side. But this was well over a decade ago now and she's stuck there, spouting the same abuse at the same people. It is quite sad.