View Single Post
Old 26-02-2019, 21:22
Bored out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofarsideways View Post
Of general forum interest: did we know Richey’s grandmother was named Kezia?

*casually sips tea*
I meant to reply to this earlier today when I was meant to be 'working' at home but was actually reading this thread

I find it kind of disturbing that they've both been on this forum over the years (if you search Kezia's posts, SHR defends her at one point when people were understandably unconvinced Kezia was in fact Rachel). It seems like the book has been a long time coming in light of this and that just makes it all seem the more vindictive and calculated to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
I'm not too worried if I'm honest. This will likely cause an "oooh gossip" stir with some but it'll die down.

So far when something manics related is out or advertised friends or family will mention it as I'm The Manics Fan. Not heard a peep about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocitygirl View Post
This is how I feel, tbh. It'll just cause a bit of a stir (it has already, in fairness) but it won't break the band simply because we already know it's a hatchet job written by someone with an axe to grind.
I also wanted to pick up on this from a few days ago, because I also don't think the book will make much money and won't be read much more widely than Manics/music fans...assuming it sees the light of day following any legal proceedings of course. But, the tabloids are where my worry lies. The Daily Mail felt the need to run an entire story on James allegedly selling his flat, but of course we now know the flat wasn't even his anyway. Who would have thought such a tedious story would be of interest to anyone? Even as a Manics fan, I can't say I care if any of them are selling property. But I fear they may pick up on some of the more sensational accusations (especially because they relate to Richey and the tabloids have definitely written bullshit articles about him in the past) and run those and we all know people believe all sorts of crap in the tabloids and how much they like to use inaccurate headlines as clickbait. Then if it proved true that the band/management etc. did take legal action and the press got wind of it, I fear they'd twist it to make it look like the band were trying to prevent 'the truth' from getting out, because that's how they work.

So really, I hope the book dies a death courtesty of the legal system and we never have to hear about it again.