Thread: GATS reissue?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 11:39
Hold me she said, Love me to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian On Fire View Post
A re-mastered "Nostalgic Pushead"? Yes please. Surely one of the very best Manics songs. If, and I mean if they did re-release GAS then they may as well bite the bullet and re-release KYE and LB. With Richey still being with us during the GAS era are there any songs that have not been released from this period?
Here's hoping.
I think Nicky has said that there's nothing unheard from Holy Bible and before. That's caveated with it being Nicky but it sounds true given the full extent of the GT re-issue. Obviously there's a few pre-GT tracks like Destroy the Dancefloor but they have been available on unofficial releases for decades.

I'm hoping for a remaster of the album and b-sides. I imagine the demos wouldn't sound too different their album counterparts unless there are some acoustic versions laying about. I'm not a fan an album so that probably colours my hopes. For me it feels like the Richey era SATT which isn't a complete rebuke but they're both albums of songs that focus on technical performance without an overall statement.

Stand back, I have political powers!