View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 14:53
An imitation of dignity

Exclamation GT 20th: About the Collectors’ edition box

Thankfully I received (in Milano, Italy) my copy of the box.

Who projected the box is not very used to them and to everything which happens to them and their contents: how should you order the CDs and DVD to have them in the best position? No one knows. One of mine got stuck under another (better than having them loose and shaking inside).

Yes, the print is always a little bit “rolled”. I would have preferred a six 12” sides poster instead.
I guess we can make a sort of poll about the conditions everyone received the box?

So: you buy the vinyl: no lyrics.
You buy the Collectors’ edition box: no songs lyrics.
You buy the Legacy box: lyrics yes, but images too small.

Well, Glyn is quite right about the booklet.
But maybe they assume that you just want to watch the DVD? Wrong assumption, but we cannot correct it.

In the end, I have the feeling that the best thing of the all venture - other than the music (I like demos anyway) - are/were the prices for the Legacy and Collectors’ editions. But this is not enough.
They could have done a Legacy 3 CDs and DVD edition, while the Collectors’ should have had also (other than lyrics) a proper book and vinyl and CD of the radio sessions (kind of an official edition of the If You Want Blood … bootleg).

My feeling? Expect another book which will include more of the “paper contents” we’ve seen here.

Best to all

S.

http://steg-speakerscorner.blogspot.com/