View Single Post
Old 22-07-2020, 11:01
Builder of routine

Location: The Wirral (Been saying it wrong, didn't realise there was a THE )
Who wrote Engage With Your Shadow?
Let's Go To War is hilarious! I wasn't there but I can just picture James going "But it sounds like the Mountain King redone for a Chessington World Of Adventures advert?".
And being able to win the others over. Was glad they did, obviously!
The depressing mindset of listeners for "Nah, when it's written by one person, well one person without the unnamed staff, is better" really insults the teamwork of the band.
But it's understandable. Stock Aitken Waterman was huge at their formative time. So that big huge collective impressed.
On that Richplanet TV thing about Richey, the presenter had a problem with James just accepting the lyrics. That's his bit!! We don't know what got rewritten, but James has to carry them. We clearly don't see him just singing anything.
The one film I want to see is a song going from demo to recording. Full on process showing Sean arranging. With record company employee (who in his recent interview James said there didn't used to be someone going "I like that bit" or "No I don't like that" to what he came up with) giving their input.
Or maybe that's the magic of swans gliding across the stage at a Pantomime being revealed?