Thread: GATS reissue?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 20:20
Born to end

Nice to have these videos uploaded in better quality, but I don't think they are truly HD, to my eyes anyway. Clearly the footage has been cleaned up and had a new colour grade, but it looks upscaled from standard definition to me. A shame that they either don't have the original film rushes to rescan in HD, or there isn't the money available to go through that process and re-edit the videos from scratch.

I'd also have preferred them stick with the original 1993 audio, rather than using the 2020 remaster audio. From Despair to Where sounds really mashed up in its brick-walled version. Love the song, and it's disappointing that it's not presented at optimum quality in the new video upload. They also tried to recreate the slightly different end of the single version by fading out the album version, instead of just remastering the single version. Same with Roses in the Hospital. Obviously, the album version is superior, but for the sake of nostalgia, I'd have preferred they stick with the single version on the video.

Anyway, it's always interesting to see them dive into the archives. Love the demos and the live stuff we got in Pieces of Sleep. GATS is very underrated, by the fans and the band, so it's nice to see it get some love.