View Single Post
Old 13-04-2018, 14:00
Knowlede Is Power

Guns N' Roses support slot setlist

I thought this subject deserved a thread of its own separate to the other tour prediction setlist as it's such a massive dream come true for the band.

Guns N' Roses have been my favourite band since I was six years old and to hear the Manics are supporting them made me start thinking will they tailor their support slot towards GN'R fans who might not have heard of the Manics (probably a bit - they'd be mad not to)?

So, here's my thoughts. I'm guessing the support slot will be around 45 mins to an hour.

They have to play Motorcycle Emptiness and A Design for Life. Those two are a stone cold given.

It would be funny if they ended with their cover of It's So Easy as that's usually Guns N' Roses' opener. Or maybe open with it? But, realistically, would they feel a bit awkward playing it in front of one of their main early inspirations / heroes?

If I was in charge of the setlist, I'd go for this:

1. Motorcycle Emptiness (lead guitar riff will appeal to Slash fans)
2. Slash N' Burn (with Slash)
3. Stay Beautiful (GN'R fans love shouting "Fuck off")
4. A Design For Life (they can't not play it, save the heavier stuff for the rest of the set)
5. Faster
6. A Billion Balconies (with Duff)
7. You Love Us (Punky, catchy tune that may stick in the minds of some GN'R fans that have never heard of the Manics)
8. Broken Algorithms (could almost have been written specifically for a GN'R support slot)
9. International Blue (they need to plug the new album and will need to play this one)
10. Paradise City AND Sweet Child O' Mine intro into Motown Junk.

Last edited by starfucker; 13-04-2018 at 14:10.