View Single Post
Old 21-04-2018, 13:55
Doors slowly closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat Sar View Post
How is the mix and master quality on Mirror Gaze? Is it a full quality album track like Soundstrack To Complete Withdrawal, or a b-sidey thing like Whatever Happened To The Blue Generation? Can't tell from the clip...

I hope it's full quality because the verse melody and beginning sample are so strong. I really want to replace In Eternity and Broken Algorithms with Soundtrack and Mirror. That would make RIF a real contender... but b-side mixing and masters, for me, mess up the tracklist if audio quality dips.
In terms of production specifically I'd say it sits comfortably between the unfinished feel of the demos and the polished nature of the more produced finished album tracks.

Sounds really great to me. Does this help at all? (waveform of my ALAC rip from the CD).

You can see the general shape... the quieter verses, it's not brickwalled. It sounds huge to me, but it's not overly complicated - a bit of proggy organ in places but mostly just (lovely) electric guitar and some acoustic bits, and some big layered vocals in the chorus. Generous echo/reverb.

If you like the clip, then yeah, it's that, without the compression mush and then some lovely layered/harmonised vocals in the chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadyeyedoeen View Post
Is it okay to put these tracks on YouTube? I've put a few vinyl only tracks on and they've not been taken down, but JDB Lost Again said it can't be played or something
I can't imagine it's "ok" in a legal sense at all, so couldn't recommend it, but people do seem to get away putting up all sorts, it's weird.

What do you think of the tracks? I'd love to see someone else's opinion of Mirror Gaze especially! I am going mad or is it really as amazing as I think it is?

I'm conscious of making too much of it and people deciding to spend the (ludicrous amount of) money to import it then be all like 'oh Porco you made me waste my money you utter... '!

| PorcoTunes: SC=fdporco YT=PorcoForever |
---“...but the pigs are getting into our garden, and just digging holes, looking for truffles or something…"---