View Single Post
Old 23-03-2018, 16:08
I am purity, they call me perverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfucker View Post
I don't mean this to sound harsh in any way - just genuinely interested. Why are you so excited / anxious about other people's opinions (which will cloud and influence your opinion) before you've even heard it? Just be patient and listen to it when it's out. Then when we've all heard it we can have discussions about what we like and don't like and why.

Personally I am loving what I've heard so far and looking forward to it but don't particularly care about what Q magazine think of it. The only opinions worth taking on board are those of people you know and also know your own tastes.

Obviously, being part of a Manics forum, you can assume nearly everyone here is a fan of the band, but some people here would have you believe that KYE is better than THB (it's all subjective).

I understand the excitement of wanting to hear it as soon as possible but in my opinion, it's more exciting to hear new albums fresh without any prior subconscious judgement.

Anyway, sorry for the unintended rant there. I hope you hear it soon and enjoy it x
Neither anxious or excited about the opinions of others, just interested to read about the band to be honest. As you say, it is what the listener gets out of it that is most important, but a favourable review does build the anticipation a bit!!