View Single Post
Old 23-03-2018, 19:48
Winterlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfucker View Post
I don't mean this to sound harsh in any way - just genuinely interested. Why are you so excited / anxious about other people's opinions (which will cloud and influence your opinion) before you've even heard it? Just be patient and listen to it when it's out. Then when we've all heard it we can have discussions about what we like and don't like and why.

Personally I am loving what I've heard so far and looking forward to it but don't particularly care about what Q magazine think of it. The only opinions worth taking on board are those of people you know and also know your own tastes.

Obviously, being part of a Manics forum, you can assume nearly everyone here is a fan of the band, but some people here would have you believe that KYE is better than THB (it's all subjective).

I understand the excitement of wanting to hear it as soon as possible but in my opinion, it's more exciting to hear new albums fresh without any prior subconscious judgement.

Anyway, sorry for the unintended rant there. I hope you hear it soon and enjoy it x
I agree. I'm interested, to an extent, in the mainstream press reviews...to see how they receive it...and writing a review good or bad is a rare skill not just anyone has despite what the tinternet may like us to believe....but all else is very subjective and in the end as a fan you bring your own personal history and interest to it. Or I do I'll buy it regardless of reviews, make up my own mind, and keep it to myself....well...probably.... cos personal reviews can end up in arguments that go on till the cows come home and no one is really right or wrong when it comes down to your own personal feelings towards it. The haters are always wrong though I'm not so keen on Know Your Enemy but the band feel like friends, they're allowed a misjudged turn, you know they'll be back there for you in time.... And you always wish the best for them regardless cos they've meant/done so much for me. I would make a terrible reviewer most likely yes
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more," - Byron

'I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.' (from Sea Fever - John Masefield)

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all" - Emily Dickinson